2018 Draft Prospects

warfelg

The guy that should really be high on this teams radar is Mark Andrews - TE - Oklahoma , he's been a beast in the passing game since his freshman season. Always gets separation and makes great plays on the ball. He is a difference maker against all levels of competition. There is not a lot to go on as far as blocking but Jesse James was one of the worst blocking tight ends especially as effort and awareness go that I've seen in some time at PSU. I think Andrews has more natural physicality and pedigree than James. 

I like Marcus Allen a lot in regards to coming up on the ball, tackling and instinctiveness vs the run.  He gambles or is highly aggressive ala Troy P.  However he has not shown great awareness or ability vs the pass as far as coverage. He definitely favors a more strong safety type role that has a lot of growing to do vs the pass based on game evaluation prior to this season. Im quite sure you will see many similar traits in this years game hopefully with gradual growth. 

I have not been a fan of Josh Allen (anywhere near the level of hype  he's received) based on tape prior to this season. Very inaccurate and wild at times. Good athlete with a very good arm and mobility. Don't believe any of the stuff you've heard about poor receivers. Tanner Gentry was an excellent receiver and if anything made Allen look a lot better than he was. Look for Gentry to surface soon for the Bears as he developed great chemistry with Mitchell Trubisky. 

I watched the Utah-USC game and I was impressed by the Utah PUNTER. Mitch Wishnowsky. He hit three out of his last four inside the five. Ray Guy award winner last year. If you can draft a long snapper in the 6th round and cut him, you can draft a punter in the 3rd round. It would be nice to have good field position one of these days

12 hours ago, Money said:

I watched the Utah-USC game and I was impressed by the Utah PUNTER. Mitch Wishnowsky. He hit three out of his last four inside the five. Ray Guy award winner last year. If you can draft a long snapper in the 6th round and cut him, you can draft a punter in the 3rd round. It would be nice to have good field position one of these days

No.

Archived