**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

How It Works

Each owner will be given a complete roster, pulled from OTC, to start off.  Most of these rosters are carrying about 90 players. 

The draft for this event is quite different in that; instead of drafting individual players, you’ll be drafting the entire position group from a team.  So for example, if I’m drafting the Denver Broncos’ quarterback position, I’m acquiring Joe Flacco, Brett Rypien, Kevin Hogan and Drew Lock.  So your rosters will build quickly.  However, you aren’t required to keep all of these players, because the idea is to create the best roster you can using this “positional draft” while keeping a roster limit of no less than 53 and no more than 75.  You’ll also be working with a basic salary cap of 216,430,000.  So there is some game planning involved here so that you aren’t dropping talent that you draft because you don’t have the funds.

There is no cap penalty for either releasing or trading of players.  If you release a player from your roster the entire cap is removed without any penalty.  If you trade a player the entire contract is added to the new team and you carry no dead money for any of these transactions.

Each team is going to collect in addition to an already loaded roster about 180 players, but in the example above I may only be drafting the Broncos QB position to get Drew Lock, which is on the cheap a.t.m., where I may want to see if I can’t trade Joe Flacco and dump the rest.  Remember, 75 is the max roster limit.

There are really only two rules for this event. 

·         The irl rookies drafted in one of the 7 rounds this year, cannot be traded.

·         Trading is only for player swapping; one for one, meaning you can’t trade multiple players for a single player.

Positions are pulled from OTC and while I know that not all of these are correctly labeled, it would create a headache changing things up.  So, to avoid any confusion the workbook lists the players in a position group and can’t be moved.

The position groups are broken down so that listed 34OLB’s are labeled Edge, 34DE are labeled INT, 43OLB are listed as LB/ILB among some other changes, which when you start looking at the workbook this will all make sense.

Position Listing

QB

RB/FB

TE

WR

OT

INT OL

EDGE

INT DL

ILB/LB

SAFETY

CB

ST

The Draft

Draft Board / Draft Order

Drafting Positions will kick off Monday morning at 9:45 am EST.  You’ll have 45 minutes to make your selection.  If you miss your window, make it up ASAP.  The clock does not stop, so when it’s your turn to pick, please do so.  The scheduled duration for this draft is 11 days, so the faster we move along the better. 

Each team will have the same time slot for each of the 12 rounds.

There is no trading of draft picks in this version.

You can only draft one position group so once you've drafted for example QB, you cannot draft the QB position again.

The draft order is created using the average reg. season standings over 3 seasons, with the Net Points breaking any ties.

The draft order (subject to change when we add the other two teams to the league)

Cleveland Spiders
New York Jets
New York MadHatters
Denver Broncos
Silver State Raiders
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
Philadelphia Eagles
New Orleans Saints
Dallas Cowboys
Steel City Renegades
New England Patriots

When making your selection be sure to include the team name and position group.

ie.  NYG - LB/ILB

Discussion Thread

Use this thread as the discussion thread; please let us know if you come across any issues with the way this mock is set up so that we can fix anything for the future.

Workbook

Everything you need is housed in this one workbook, it contains a Trade Block, Free Agency (which isn’t really needed with this version), each team has their own page, the draft order and the draft board, that list out each player in the team’s position group.

ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7-Zj2IKx5Q9OU1XUG3_8_ay_srpc8xwIsXV1RWhMpk/edit?usp=sharing

Team Team Name Owner
NYJ New York Jets bcb1213
CLE Cleveland Spiders cortes02
DEN Denver Broncos Counselor
DAL Dallas Cowboys D82
MIN Minnesota Vikings Deadpulse
NE New England Patriots Deadpulse
PHI Philadelphia Eagles EaglesPeteC
WAS Washington Redskins mike23md
NYG New York MadHatters ny92mike
NO New Orleans Saints SirA1
GB Green Bay Packers squire12
OAK Silver State Raiders Trojan
DET Detroit Lions winitall
PIT Steel City Renegades wwhickok
ATL    
BAL    
ARI    
BUF    
CAR    
CHI    
CIN    
HOU    
IND    
JAC    
KC    
LAC    
LA    
MIA    
SF    
SEA    
TB    
TEN    

Edited by ny92mike

Sounds good, I just got back from France and didn't check the forums on my trip so I'm not up to speed on rules, but I'm pretty sure I grasp the concept from this thread's OP. I'll sign up for the Raiders, the new team name will be the Silver State Raiders.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1