**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

I'm going to be passing out a new workbook to replace the old team workbook.

This new one has an added top 51 rule so that you can determine if we want to use it.

It also has a system in place to make bids on the listed free agents should we decide to push forward with this test run.

I'll be passing these out after the draft.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

@mike23md

• Like 1

@ny92mike

I know that we have to keep rookies on our roster but I did have a question.  Does that include undrafted free agent rookies?  The only reason I'm asking is because I was taking a quick glance at my roster and when I looked at the Chi - TE group I drafted, I just realized that they have "THREE" undrafted free agent rookies.  Now David Njoku/Trey Burton have automatic roster spots and I would like to keep at least one other veteran TE but I would prefer not to carry 6-7 TE's on my roster due to the undrafted free agent rookies.  Just wanted to know if the rookie rule is for both drafted and undrafted free agent rookies or just the drafted rookies?

Peace!!!

19 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

@ny92mike

I know that we have to keep rookies on our roster but I did have a question.  Does that include undrafted free agent rookies?  The only reason I'm asking is because I was taking a quick glance at my roster and when I looked at the Chi - TE group I drafted, I just realized that they have "THREE" undrafted free agent rookies.  Now David Njoku/Trey Burton have automatic roster spots and I would like to keep at least one other veteran TE but I would prefer not to carry 6-7 TE's on my roster due to the undrafted free agent rookies.  Just wanted to know if the rookie rule is for both drafted and undrafted free agent rookies or just the drafted rookies?

Peace!!!

you can cut UDFA's just not drafted rookies 

• Like 1

I'll be getting the new team workbooks out sooner than expected.  So be looking for them this evening.  Also, please start making cuts to get to at least a 90 man roster.  Would rather not get flooded with this if possible.

The new workbooks as mentioned earlier will have a new section added to the team roster sheet to calculate the cap using the top 51 rule.  It also contains a couple new sheets for free agent bidding.  I'll work on some simple instructions today for the FA bidding sheet.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

@mike23md

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'll be getting the new team workbooks out sooner than expected.  So be looking for them this evening.  Also, please start making cuts to get to at least a 90 man roster.  Would rather not get flooded with this if possible.

The new workbooks as mentioned earlier will have a new section added to the team roster sheet to calculate the cap using the top 51 rule.  It also contains a couple new sheets for free agent bidding.  I'll work on some simple instructions today for the FA bidding sheet.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

@mike23md

Alright new workbooks have been sent out.  If you have questions or didn't receive it let me know.

@ny92mike just one thing I wish that could change on the workbooks (not sure how feasible it is):

When I have someone (say a LB) listed on my block in line X (let's say line 68), and suddenly I add (trade or FA or draft) a player that will be inserted above (say a QB in line 20), then the trade block listing doesn't follow the player originally listed, but stays on line X.

In this instance I had Funchess listed on my trade block. Suddenly the TEs I just drafted were added to my roster. And the trade block annotation went to Ian Thomas.