**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I've been playing with the sliders a little but it seems no matter what I do my team record remains 10-6.  I do have to admit that I'm totally lost with the defensive sliders.  I thought that now that I have Myles Garrett / Joey Bosa / Melvin Ingram / Olivier Vernon as my edge rushers that if I raised my edge defense slider higher it would make an impact but it hasn't done anything.  How do the defensive sliders work exactly?  If you have a higher edge defense percentage, does that mean your defense is more pass rush oriented?  If you have a higher interior defense percentage, does it mean your defense is more run defense oriented?  Like I said, I'm confused by the defensive sliders.

I see what you mean. Maybe it's working better for some teams than others.  For example, the Giants / Madhatters I can make defensive slider adjustments and I still really only get about 4 wins but the games I win change.  So when doing this weekly or quarterly however we set that up.  Would allow me to focus on the opp. and adjust them for that offense I'm facing.

I got on your team and played around with those for a minute and it did similar but like mine it really didn't give me a better standing, it just changed a couple games you won around.  

With that said, I'm still not quite done as I'd like to make a couple adjustments still.  It's a work in progress and having you guys toy around with this stuff helps me see where these adjustments need to be made.

I know that when you change your defensive sliders around it does rank your defense higher.  Ranked 7th at default and when I adjust it out so account for Edge and secondary higher than the others.  It jumps to 5th.

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This all depends on the 80/20. I see zero reason while our backup qb and OL should matter when they wouldn't see the field in a real game 

This makes sense.  I think where this worked using the team stats is because of injuries for example the Niners qb situation or even the Washington situation.  The system I have based this on is using team stats it doesn't recognize the player just the total stats for each position group.

I don't want to create this where the depth of the roster means nothing but you're right some positions depth really isn't a factor.  QB for sure but offensive lineman still rotate but maybe not to the 80/20 I suggested.  Maybe 95/5 or something along those lines.  

A lot of this depends too on how much help I'm going to have with this too.  You know how hard it is to track injuries in bdl each week.  Shifting data to spotrac will help with some of this.  I used OTC for this just because it was easier to get the data I wanted to run this test.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Would it be possible to set sliders for how much each position plays? If you are really deep at a position and want to have more of a rotation like at DL or RB or WR or CB or something? 

Theoretically, yes.  Google does have a limit on how many formulas and cells you can use.   Just a matter of being able to work it in and it make sense. 

The good news is that the base format of this project is set, now it's just a matter of determining how the system looks at the data.  This system used team stats to generate the standings for a complete season.  We can break it out into weeks no problem, but setting it up to account for the various depth charts and additional sliders is going to require some work.  

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

That is going to be one tough contract to unload.

Peace!!!

Remember cutting or trading players cost nothing at this point in time.  We're just building rosters at this point.  Once we get past the draft is when the cap comes into effect.