**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

I would say give it another day or so before going to 2 per day. At some point there are only going to be limited options for teams to make selections so 2 makes sense then.

I'm leaving Tuesday for vacation next week but should have access to make my last picks by then.

• Like 1

One thing I would like to suggest is a Taxi/Practice Squad of like 10 players. Mainly as a place to stash all of these 5th-7th round draft picks that we are inheriting with drafting the positions groups that per the rules can't be traded or released.

Pretty much they wouldn't count against the Roster limit or Salary cap. 

Also the NFL Salary Cap only accounts for the Top 51 Salaries but I believe the TCMD is counting the total contracts of all players. Putting a threshold in place may help keep from having the make the Cap Number Super Gonzo. 

26 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

One thing I would like to suggest is a Taxi/Practice Squad of like 10 players. Mainly as a place to stash all of these 5th-7th round draft picks that we are inheriting with drafting the positions groups that per the rules can't be traded or released.

Pretty much they wouldn't count against the Roster limit or Salary cap. 

Also the NFL Salary Cap only accounts for the Top 51 Salaries but I believe the TCMD is counting the total contracts of all players. Putting a threshold in place may help keep from having the make the Cap Number Super Gonzo. 

We talked about a practice squad or a form of it in the past, we shifted away from it mainly because it would be difficult to track/manage because teams would be scouting it and I felt that it would create more work than it's worth.  Nonetheless, I like the idea of being able to house some potential sleepers without breaking the bank or the roster space to do it.  If we could work that into the system without having the ability for other teams to steal them I'd be on board with that.  

I wasn't planning on using the top 51 rule with this because I know how many people hate to have to calculate it.  We use it in all of our other tcmd mocks but the workbooks calculates it all for us.  Switching back and forth during the season and offseason might turn into a nightmare, but I do like the idea of having a top 51 rule w/ a 10 man practice squad but not the kinda practice squad that other teams can sign.  But maybe a squad of players with less than 3 years exp and that can't be used for simulation unless you make them active.  Salary for these guys could be reduced to PS salaries until you activate them at which time they get the "preferred amount" (system we use to determine their starting pay for the free agency, if that makes sense).

I'd love to keep the realism of the salary cap in play if I can create workbooks that would allow me to manage it as well as provide a workbook to calculate it so that it wouldn't scare everyone off.  Having the dead cap and a top 51 rule would be cool with me.

Appreciate the suggestions.

I'll see what something like this would take to work into the workbooks, it shouldn't be too difficult because we've been doing the top 51 rule in all of our mocks. 

51 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I would say give it another day or so before going to 2 per day. At some point there are only going to be limited options for teams to make selections so 2 makes sense then.

I'm leaving Tuesday for vacation next week but should have access to make my last picks by then.

Thats kinda why I was looking to speed it up a bit, I'm taking a river trip next friday so anything we decide to do after the draft is finished would need to wait until I get back on Monday.  We aren't in any real rush though, the next phase of this would be to make about 2000 player cuts, kinda see what the cap looks like for each team (maybe even see what this top 51 rule would look like as well) compare this stuff and discuss what the best method we wanna take is.  If we've got time and are still interested in this test model, I'd like to open up the free agency if we've got any money left to spend.  If we're still involved then sim a few weeks of the season and see how that goes.  

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

UPDATE - Trade Block

I've added a new sheet in your private workbooks labeled TRADE BLOCK here you can set up your trade block without it getting jacked up when players are added to your roster.

This set up allows an additional column to type what you are In Search Of (ISO) and to use a drop down list tied to the team roster sheet to name the player on the block.  The other cells will auto-fill and just like the trade block sheet in the master it will populate those names only if they are still on your roster and if they are not rookies.

Hope this helps and removes some of the frustration with setting this up.

if you have issues with it let me know.

Thanks.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

Edited by ny92mike

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Idk why this needs to be a test eunu.  I kinda like how it's played out 

Just so many moving parts with this and the cap not being worked out I felt it needed a test run to get some things ironed out.