**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Nice Mark Ingram got me to 15-1.

Nice...I think at one point my team actually had a win against your team.  That just changed back to 5-10-1 again.

I had the top ranked rushing team too, just dropped me down to 2nd.  

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I'd care more but with Bell having zero stats from last year, I'm gonna be dead last in rushing in this thing 

You may want to use his stats from his last actual year @ny92mike

Right about the ranking but the idea behind this is that we'll be collecting stats each week while we're simulating the season so things will change quite a bit.  If we can't make that work then we'll be collecting stats at the end of the season.  I'd prefer to do it during but it all depends on how much help I can get with this project.

@SirA1 mentioned using the top 51 rule.  

I'm testing to see how that would work with this on my team workbook.  I've currently got 124 players with a total amount of $297,462,822.

My current available cap is -$81,032,822. 

Using the top 51 rule which calculates the top 51 base salaries and adds the total bonuses I've got a cap balance of $258,654,679. with an available cap hit of negative -$42,224,679.

The league salary cap remains unchanged.  So using this system I've cut the numbers basically in half and the bulk of my roster (anything above 51 of the lower base salaries) aren't counting against the cap.

I think any way we spin it, setting this up so that we can house all this talent we'll likely need to increase the league salary cap to around the 240 range.  We'll see what it looks like after the draft when we all start focusing on this.  The irl league is approaching 200m caps so going over that for a 16 team sim shouldn't be too shocking when you consider the talent on your rosters as well as the need to manage some dead money for releasing players before the contract is up.

Any thoughts on this from others?

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@bcb1213 did the adding Rivers get you any more simulated wins?

I'm hoping that after I make some adjustments to the formulas that it focuses more on the starter than the depth which should push Rivers near the top.

Went from 7-8-1 to 8-8

So most of you are familiar with how we do the free agency in our tcmd mocks, but to clarify to get feedback on this process for this sim I'll give the short version.

I'll be setting up a free agency for this test run in the next day or two so look for a fa sheet to be added to your team workbooks.

How it works

In the past versions players wouldn't accept the contract unless the amount being offered meet certain criteria like signing bonus requirements and contract lengths that you couldn't exceed which was based on the players age...it prevented us from offering an old player a 6 year deal.  I'd like to keep these requirements but change up the process a little bit.  Because we are only focused on base salary and signing bonus, we simplify it a little bit by just offering the cap hit for each year and a formula determines what will be used for base salary and signing bonus.  This amount must be equal to or greater than the players listed price tag.

Just like all tcmd free agents, it's done using bidding rounds and after each bidding round these required amounts are reduced by 10% until it's just the vet min and one year deals.

In the past each team was able to bid on 3 w/ a 4th being a resign bid it also contained a reserve bidding system that won't be used for this "veteran FA" team building process.  Rather we'll have 6 slots to bid on players for each round with no resign.  Where the highest qualifying offer is awarded the player.

We'll still use the same process for the contract length.  So the second year of the contract must be within 20% of the previous year.

A similar workbook is provided here if you'd like to see how building the contract might look like using an older team workbook linked to the free agency used that year.  With a Net Present Value/ NPV formula used to determine the true value of the entire contract.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LwSGFEy2NRUhcRIMs2Ire8E-M2Nr7oRMX7zrjxKgFq8/edit?usp=sharing

If we're good with using a system similar to what we've done in the past or if you'd like to suggest something different let me know.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

@mike23md

So guys, what do we think about the positional draft so far?

Personally I like it, the one thing I wish is that it were slightly easier to tell who is still available. But beyond that I love the concept. I think the time slots work well, as long as ppl keep taking the next team to pick.