**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

Adding a little more info.

For the this positional draft I said in the original post that you could only draft one position.  I also wanted to include that, the position labeling for these players was pulled from OTC.  Now there will some mistakes with this because we all know that players change positions but to avoid any issues we're gonna run with how the workbook is set up.  No need to go making changes to the workbook.  If a player looks out of place, draft that position instead...ha.

Draft board is set for the most part, there will be 192 overall picks, 12 rounds of 16 picks each.  Time slots will be 1 hour slots for each round, if we see that we are taking too long with this times, we'll adjust to 45 minutes. 

We'll start at 9am EST and end at 9pm Est time, allowing a min. of 12 picks per day or a total of 16 days to complete the draft.  Hopefully, we're moving along faster than that, but with an entire position to review I feel like the extra time is needed.  

We never talked about this but I didn't plan on these picks being tradeable, so that is a discussion we can have if you'd like to see that option available, otherwise we'll continue with the idea that these picks can not be traded.

Providing we can get the required 16 members signed up over the next few days plan on this kicking off Monday morning at 9am.  

Feel free to use this thread as the discussion thread.

Again I appreciate you guys taking the time.  Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.  

@ny92mike

I'm always interested in mock drafts but I guess I'm still a little confused by the draft itself I guess.  So instead of drafting individual players, we are picking entire position groups from a team?  So as an example, when my pick is up & I wanted to pick the Miami Dolphins defensive line, all of the Miami Dolphins defensive lineman would be on my team salary & all?  Is that correct or am I totally off?

Peace!!!

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

@ny92mike

I'm always interested in mock drafts but I guess I'm still a little confused by the draft itself I guess.  So instead of drafting individual players, we are picking entire position groups from a team?  So as an example, when my pick is up & I wanted to pick the Miami Dolphins defensive line, all of the Miami Dolphins defensive lineman would be on my team salary & all?  Is that correct or am I totally off?

Peace!!!

Thats the general idea. Yes. ILBs, Edge, CB, S, DE, DT (i think the DL is split, i cant remember) etc

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

@ny92mike

Peace!!!

That's because it is a little confusing.  For this mock draft we are basically using it as a test to a future keeper league that myself and a few others are working on.  Having this mock allows us to see the initial process would play out so that we can work out any kinks that we might run into.  

To answer your questions, each player is grouped into positions (listed below) when you are OTC you'll pick which position group you'd like to add from the available listing and the entire group of players from that pos. group will get added to your roster.  You'll then be required to release or trade away players (see the rules in the OP) to get to a roster limit of min. 53 max 75.  While staying under the salary cap.  

QB
RB/FB
TE
WR
OT
INT OL
EDGE
INT DL
ILB/LB
SAFETY
CB
ST

The idea is to determine if this method needs to be changed up in any way to improve the future keeper we are looking to start up in Sept / Oct time frame. 

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Sorry for being blind but I don't see the list you mentioned in the last post.

Peace!!!

No need to make an appt. to the optometrist.  I failed to add it...ha.

QB
RB/FB
TE
WR
OT
INT OL
EDGE
INT DL
ILB/LB
SAFETY
CB
ST