Is the Patriots roster actually GOOD? Or is it propped up by coaching?

CKS97

Patriots are always close to the cap so it isn't like they are talentless it's just they seem to focus on paying QB, OL and defense. Also their good receivers like Welker and Edelman get very little respect, they are just a product of Brady for some reason even though they get open and make catches, a lot of people seem to think that is the easy part of being a receiver.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Show me some plays by Peyton and Rodgers using their eyes to lure defenders to wrong spots.

There is no trick in turning castoffs into playmakers, just throw quickly to give them the spaces to maneuver, which is hard because defenders look at QB in the eyes.

why didn't other QB do it regularly?

BTW, using eyes is just one of the two major ways Brady uses.

What?

I have seen Rodgers, Peyton, Brees etc. manipulate defenders with their eyes. Hell, I am a Chargers fan, I see Rivers do this pretty much every game. It is not a unique skill to Brady or any good QB. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

What?

I have seen Rodgers, Peyton, Brees etc. manipulate defenders with their eyes. Hell, I am a Chargers fan, I see Rivers do this pretty much every game. It is not a unique skill to Brady or any good QB. 

Lol, show me.

Again, if they can do it and can throw the balls quickly after turning their heads, they would be able to turn short n slow receivers into playmakers.

Why do you insist that they can pull the rabbit out of hat when they never use it?

Edited by William Lee

8 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Lol, show me.

Again, if they can do it and can throw the balls quickly after turning their heads, they would be able to turn short n slow receivers into playmakers.

Why do you insist that they can pull the rabbit out of hat when they never use it?

On slide 13, Rivers head fake gets the defender out of position, which creates a throwing lane. Moving defenders with eyes, head, pump fakes etc. isn't some special skill that only Brady can do. 

As for throwing the ball quickly before receivers break their routes, that is throwing with anticipation. Brady isn't even the best in the league at that (Brees is). How do you think Manning was able to play post-2010 with no zip on the ball?

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Patriots are always close to the cap so it isn't like they are talentless it's just they seem to focus on paying QB, OL and defense. Also their good receivers like Welker and Edelman get very little respect, they are just a product of Brady for some reason even though they get open and make catches, a lot of people seem to think that is the easy part of being a receiver.

The perception that they don't spend money comes because they distribute it differently. They have more players (18 right now) with cap numbers between $3M - $10M than any other team in the league. They just don't carry a lot of BIG cap numbers.

It's both and it's hit or miss.

This past year was probably the best coaching job BB has ever had - I believe the Patriots were a worse team than both the Chiefs and Rams, yet beat both teams.

I think they were probably worse than the Seahawks overall.

Falcons - honestly, before that game, I thought they were much better than ATL - but being down 28-3 made me rethink that.

Panthers, Eagles, Eagles, Giants and Giants - they were IMO clearly better than all four of those teams

Worse than the Rams in their first Super Bowl

His two best coaching jobs came at the expense of my favorite team 17 years apart. Aside from those two games, you had the Seahawks and Falcons games where BB and TB probably overcame the roster. But the other five they were clearly superior (considering Foles), and ironically they are only 2-3 in those Super Bowls. 

29 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It's both and it's hit or miss.

This past year was probably the best coaching job BB has ever had - I believe the Patriots were a worse team than both the Chiefs and Rams, yet beat both teams.

I think they were probably worse than the Seahawks overall.

His two best coaching jobs came at the expense of my favorite team 17 years apart. Aside from those two games, you had the Seahawks and Falcons games where BB and TB probably overcame the roster. But the other five they were clearly superior (considering Foles), and ironically they are only 2-3 in those Super Bowls. 

Did you notice that Brady won MVP then lost in SB?

To some who claims it was Belichick's system, they must believe that Belichick must be heck of a moron, because in 2007, he abandoned the winning system invented by him in 2001 , adopted a system like Peyton's, and Brady couldn't score even 21 points with the best WR group he had in his careers.

And they also must believe Mahomes is an idiot, as he scored so quickly in last TD drive in AFCCG. Did he forget he lost to Brady in regular season?

BTW, Pats offense playing time, in minutes:

Against Seahawks, 33+

Against Falcons, 37+

Against Eagles, 26-

Against Rams, 33+.

Go figure.

Edited by William Lee

13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

So far the only thing that I have gathered from this thread is that William Lees tenure with FF will be short and memorable.

Belichick almost never talk to his offense.

The system must be quite simple unless it is Brady.

You are entitled to your opinion that Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes are idiots.

1 minute ago, William Lee said:

Belichick almost never talk to his offense.

The system must be quite simple unless it is Brady.

You are entitled to your opinion that Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes are idiots.

Look man, all i know is the Earth is flat and Brady is a bum. Those are the only two certainties I know. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Look man, all i know is the Earth is flat and Brady is a bum. Those are the only two certainties I know. 

Congratulation!! You are a fan of a sport played and coached by idiots.

Edited by William Lee

25 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Never forget that when the Pats called to tell Brady they were drafting him, he answered on his Nokia 3310.