Is the Patriots roster actually GOOD? Or is it propped up by coaching?

CKS97

3 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

While that is a tremendous accomplishment, I don’t really put him in the same tier as those other coaches. 

He’s in the tier with Bill Parcells; Tony Dungy; and John Madden. 

I should have also included Tom Landry and Roger Staubach in my first list. 

I think you are underrating Gibbs.

A thread with William Lee is always a joy.

This doesnt have to be an either/or question. Yes, very good rosters. Yes, also propped up by coaching. To reach 9 SBs and win 6 in 18 years in a league designed for parity takes GOAT-level people from the owner to the coach to the QB along with talented surrounding pieces.

• Like 1

The only championship years in which you could legitimately make the case that the Pats' roster was 'average' were 2001 and 2018. 

Every other year they've had elite talent sprinkled throughout both the offense and defense. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:34 AM, CKS97 said:

I’m sticking to my guns.

this is a below average roster propped up by Belichick.

Then why did you make the thread? To complain about the Patriots some more. Nobody on this site makes more topics about a team they aren’t a fan of than you. Get a new gimmick 

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Then why did you make the thread? To complain about the Patriots some more. Nobody on this site makes more topics about a team they aren’t a fan of than you. Get a new gimmick 

I am beyond sick of the Patriots. Period. I literally have no excitement about the upcoming season because of them.

22 hours ago, CKS97 said:

I am beyond sick of the Patriots. Period. I literally have no excitement about the upcoming season because of them.

Good. I’m happy they make you miserable. It’s pathetic that you care about another team this much 

4 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

We'll never know because when Tom Brady retires BB will be right behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised. The owners may force that. They don't want Brady's legacy tainted. I think the other owners were in cahoots with Kraft to block Belichick from trading Brady because of this.

3 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. The owners may force that. They don't want Brady's legacy tainted. I think the other owners were in cahoots with Kraft to block Belichick from trading Brady because of this.

yep, that must be the reason. 9_9

• Like 2