Mike Conley Jr. traded to Utah Jazz

CWood21

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Utah gave up a ton 

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of giving up 2 first round picks. But Allen hadn't really shown much and Korver was on his last legs. I didn't want to trade Crowder though, thought he would be a key piece with next years group. We have like $19.3M to spend in free agency, we should trade Dante Exum and offer Tobias Harris a big deal. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To all my cap GAWD's out there @CWood21 @seminoles1 @J-ALL-DAY is there any chance that we can ship out some salary (Exum?) and create enough space to pursue Tobias Harris in free agency? Maybe even a S&T where we send Exum to Philadelphia? 

I'm pretty sure they're using cap space to take on Mike Conley's contract, so the Jazz wouldn't be able to create enough max cap space to sign him outright.  IF the Jazz are going to get Tobias Harris, it's going to have to be via S&T and that means a Favor, Exum, and picks trade, which doesn't seem likely that Philadelphia would accept that.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Conley will be 32.

i don’t get it.

And he's still damn good. What did they really lose with this trade? Conley will be under contract for two more seasons and should still be very productive. 

Conley>>Rubio and now they have legit shots at knocking off teams like the Rockets. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Utah gave up a ton 

What? Doesn’t feel like it. I thought Memphis could do better than this. 

Grayson is a total toss up at this point. Maybe they can flip Crowder for something small? And they probably cut Korver (and he joins the lakers haha)

The 23rd pick is Ok,  Nothing to celebrate, and if the Future pick isn’t way out, it’s likey another later pick. 

Thought for sure they’d get Boston in this for something like Smart + Picks

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure they're using cap space to take on Mike Conley's contract, so the Jazz wouldn't be able to create enough max cap space to sign him outright.  IF the Jazz are going to get Tobias Harris, it's going to have to be via S&T and that means a Favor, Exum, and picks trade, which doesn't seem likely that Philadelphia would accept that.

We have a team option on Favors that we'll most likely decline. If we decline it that'd put us at like $89.3M on our books, so we'd have $19.7M to spend. If we can ship out Exum's contract that would free up an additional $10.6M putting us at around $30M under the cap, right?

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Conley will be 32.

i don’t get it.

Utah needed another scorer, it was impossible for Mitchell in the playoffs playing with 3 non-shooters as the only player on the team that could create his own offense. Mitchell/Conley/Gobert is one of the better trios in the league and the Jazz are looking to make a push in the next two years.