Madden 20

Cheesehawk

So am I the only one have issues with the pass rushing in this game? I’m can’t beat any tackles with Bosa or Ford on all pro. I’m hitting the jump snap, but I can’t beat them quickly enough. Do I need to be having my sticks better, or using some combination?

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For someone who hasn't played Madden in 4 years, is it worth trying out again or is it going to be, by and large, the same game that it always is? 

Going to be honest - the game feels really fresh with the Super-Star X factor. I am loving it.

3 hours ago, John232 said:

So am I the only one have issues with the pass rushing in this game? I’m can’t beat any tackles with Bosa or Ford on all pro. I’m hitting the jump snap, but I can’t beat them quickly enough. Do I need to be having my sticks better, or using some combination?

Try sending a heavy blitz. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John232 said:

I'm not sure, but I think some defensive linemen have finesse moves and power moves.  If you're doing a finesse move with a guy who should be doing power moves, then it might not work well.

While engaged with the blocker:

Finesse Move:  A / X

Power Move:  X / square

Switch Player:  B / O

Hands up:  Y / triangle

Reach tackle:  left stick right or left + X / left stick right or left + square

^ Xbox / Playstation controls.

• Like 2

My biggest complain is the animations for the players. 

Try doing a team celebration after a TD and the players warp to a location 

Side line players animation is pretty crap as well, looks like no effort was given when all of them do a retarded kneeling down when a plays goes bad for the team. 

Ruins the immersion 

Other than that, having fun with face of the franchise, tried my best with the edits but my player's face looks retarded. The more I change it the worse it gets lol.

Where did you guys get drafted and which team? 

I was drafted by the Dolphins late first round. 

Going to start a new one today and do really bad at college and the combine. Possible to go undrafted? 

I am awful on defense in this game...  Lamar Jackson shreds any type of defense I try.

Game is alright, about what I expected.   It’s fun, but will get old pretty quick.  

Franchise is just ok,  not much changed.  Have noticed projected rounds on 3rd/4th round prospects, in season, change more than prior seasons.  

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I am awful on defense in this game...  Lamar Jackson shreds any type of defense I try.

Game is alright, about what I expected.   It’s fun, but will get old pretty quick.  

Franchise is just ok,  not much changed.  Have noticed projected rounds on 3rd/4th round prospects, in season, change more than prior seasons.  

Join the club.  Lamar Jackson is unreal in this game.  The new feature that allows QB's to run at full speed behind the line of scrimmage is kind of insane.  The cool thing is, from my limited playing time, Jackson did throw several inaccurate passes while on the run.  That was encouraging to see, but his speed is insane.  There aren't even many players in the game with 94 speed, so for a QB to have that makes him a headache.

Russell Wilson is equally as frustrating as well.  Wilson has 86 speed, but he also has really good throwing stats.  His throw on the run rating is 98 and his short/medium/deep accuracy is 91/89/92.  In addition, Wilson also has the X-Factor ability Blitz Radar which highlights extra blitzers after the ball is snapped, and extra blitzers that are not defensive lineman are highlighted during the play.

Wilson also has three abilities: “Escape Artist” which is an improved scrambling speed when he’s behind the line of scrimmage. There’s also “Dashing Deadeye” to give him perfect pass accuracy as he’s running outside the pocket. Finally, Wilson has “Agile Extender.” It gives him increased ability to get away from a blitzing DB trying for the sack.

Wilson is a freaking nightmare to defend.  Cam Newton is also really difficult as well.

There is no defense in this game. No matter who you have on the DL, they get dominated. The only way to defend the run is goalline formation and that works about 1/4 of the time. 

Just played all pro game with Denver against NE and I only won because I scored on every possession and 1 had more possession than the Patriots, who also scored on every possession.

57 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

There is no defense in this game. No matter who you have on the DL, they get dominated. The only way to defend the run is goalline formation and that works about 1/4 of the time. 

Just played all pro game with Denver against NE and I only won because I scored on every possession and 1 had more possession than the Patriots, who also scored on every possession.

So like the first half of the 2018 NFL season lol 

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

But they aren't the only team. This happens to me no matter who I play. Probably doesn't help that the Denver DL is trash in the game.

I meant the NFL as a whole. But really it was tongue in cheek.

For the first half of the season it looked like almost every single season offensive record could fall lol. Then things balanced out.

its interesting that is the issue you’re having, because in some YouTube videos giving new trick and tips and info about the new Madden one of the guys made a point to talk about how the pass-rush has been turned way up, then showed some videos of how fast rushers were getting into the backfield. I thought the new RPO   plays would help combat this a little but maybe it’s not as big an issue as he made it out to be