Madden 20

Cheesehawk

20 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Tom Brady is one of the maybe 3 guys that avoided the curse. It’s Tom Brady so he probably signed a deal with the devil(EA).

Wasn’t the year he was on the cover they lost the Super Bowl as favorites to a Nick Foles led team in dramatic fashion?

Even if the game is better, I havent seen enough to get me to buy it...even used.  If they keep improving franchise mode, we will see....but the Madden team shuffles their priorities every year, so I dont have much faith in this supposed recommitment to franchise.  

Madden 19 was so bad that I've given up on the series until drastic changes are made, first time I've ever crossed the line in to the "I hate Madden and I'm only posting in this thread to tell you I hate it" camp.

I'm all aboard the FIFA train in a few months.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'll get this yet.  The only thing holding me back is that there are so many great Switch exclusives coming out this year that I'm playing less and less Xbox and PS4 these days.  The only two games I'm nearly guaranteed to get at launch are Gears 5 (Got Gamepass Ultimate for $1, so I don't even need to buy this which is neat) and probably NBA 2K20.  Other than that, I might just get the 4-6 Nintendo exclusives that are dropping this year.

Over the years, I used to really be into playing sports games the traditional way.  What I mean by that is, picking a team and playing as a team.  Whether it be in franchise mode or playing games online.  We pick our teams and battle it out.  Over the last year, I've gone away from that.  I'm more into the MyPlayer modes.  Where you create a player from scratch and build him up.  You take him online and play games with him.  There's a sense of progression and you can literally see the time invested as you level your guy up and he becomes better.

This is the one thing that Madden does not have.  I'm not even sure how you would implement something like that into a football game unless you made it into like a 5v5 type of mode or something like that. 

37 minutes ago, showtime said:

Over the years, I used to really be into playing sports games the traditional way.  What I mean by that is, picking a team and playing as a team.  Whether it be in franchise mode or playing games online.  We pick our teams and battle it out.  Over the last year, I've gone away from that.  I'm more into the MyPlayer modes.  Where you create a player from scratch and build him up.  You take him online and play games with him.  There's a sense of progression and you can literally see the time invested as you level your guy up and he becomes better.

This is the one thing that Madden does not have.  I'm not even sure how you would implement something like that into a football game unless you made it into like a 5v5 type of mode or something like that. 

11v11 would be possible by making the OL and the DL bots. Unfortunately that means there's one extra player on defense, so not sure how you balance that out. 

I guess the simple solution would be to make the OL and DL 3 bots each. 

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

11v11 would be possible by making the OL and the DL bots. Unfortunately that means there's one extra player on defense, so not sure how you balance that out. 

I guess the simple solution would be to make the OL and DL 3 bots each. 

There used to be a game called Madden Arcade for the 360 and PS3.  The game was set up like this: 

Offense:  offensive lineman, two receivers, running back and quarterback

Defense:  defensive lineman, two cornerbacks, linebacker and safety

That wouldn't require too many players to be in the game.  Your way also sounds good.  I just want to be able to do something like this in Madden.  I want to play CB.