Madden 20

Cheesehawk

On 8/21/2019 at 1:46 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I buy them off EBay so EA never gets my money.

Just waiting for 2K revival myself.

Keep fighting the good fight, man.  Don't give in to terrible takes from people who probably spend their money on micro transactions and then wonder why they don't have any money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I customize the sliders.  Operation Sports usually has some good ones.  I haven't bought the game (waiting for the price to drop) but in the trial, I found a perfect set over there that gave me the best gameplay experience in Madden I've had in years.

All-Pro is way too easy for me.  All-Madden isn't as bad in this game as others, but there is still too much cheese from the CPU offense.

can you maybe link them? 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@showtime, you do know there is a serious push to end micro transactions and/or heavily regulate them, right?  Why in TF do you think EA radically overhauled franchise mode and added so many new features this year compared to every past year?

Madden 18 was the worst-selling version since 01.  You are literally delusional if you think the progressive backlash and boycotting hasn’t improved the game.  You are the type of person who deserves constant remakes in Hollywood and inferior products.  

https://old.muthead.com/forums/madden/mut-discussion/1401545-18-years-of-madden-game-sales

EA is the same company that faced ENORMOUS backlash for their micro transactions in their Star Wars game.  

You are worse than the people who keep repeating they are boycotting the game.  One obnoxious group is trying to make things better.  They are fighting.  They are actively trying to help.  They are trying to improve things.  What TF are you trying to accomplish?  Quit talking down to people who are working to improve the game for you.  

What?  I'm not supporting micro transactions.  I'm just saying that's how EA makes the majority of their money on Madden.  Trying to improve the game for me?  Bro, I didn't buy Madden 20.  I don't own it.

Look at me, for example.  I buy Madden some years and just play in online franchises.  EA doesn't care about someone like me.  I don't play Ultimate Team, but those are the people that EA cares the most about.  Some dude who spends hundreds of dollars on packs is where EA makes money. 

What's the problem with me saying that?  It's true.

Just now, showtime said:

What?  I'm not supporting micro transactions.  I'm just saying that's how EA makes the majority of their money on Madden.  Trying to improve the game for me?  Bro, I didn't buy Madden 20.  I don't own it.

Look at me, for example.  I buy Madden some years and just play in online franchises.  EA doesn't care about someone like me.  I don't play Ultimate Team, but those are the people that EA cares the most about.  Some dude who spends hundreds of dollars on packs is where EA makes money. 

What's the problem with me saying that?  It's true.

It's not true.  They absolutely care about 2 million copies being sold.  And they're going to keep caring the more legislation gets through that limits and changes micro transactions.  Negative reputation is absolutely huge.  They absolutely care. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not true.  They absolutely care about 2 million copies being sold.  And they're going to keep caring the more legislation gets through that limits and changes micro transactions.  Negative reputation is absolutely huge.  They absolutely care. 

Why do you think they keep neglecting franchise mode for all these years?  It doesn't make them money to re-haul the mode, which is what they should do.  Notice how Ultimate Team is updated literally all the time.  They add new challenges, new cards, new events.... like all the time.  Why?  Because it makes them money post game sales.  The guy who spends $500 dollars on Ultimate Team throughout the course of the game is a much more highly valued customer than someone who just buys the game and plays franchise mode.

NBA 2K is literally the same way.  They put most of their resources into the two game modes that make them money post sale - MyPlayer and MyTeam (NBA's version of Ultimate Team).

People that play those game modes literally put hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game within months.  It's insane.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

can you maybe link them? 

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/955680-matt10s-madden-20-sliders.html

I wanna say it was those, I'm like 90% sure. I'd have to go back into my Madden to remember exactly but my trial is expired.

He's updated it since though, for example the intentional grounding thing wasn't off when he first put those out.  So I'm not sure how it plays currently, but that will be the set I start off with when I pick up the game.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@showtime, you do know there is a serious push to end micro transactions and/or heavily regulate them, right?  Why in TF do you think EA radically overhauled franchise mode and added so many new features this year compared to every past year?

Radically overhauled franchise mode?

Please send me whatever Madden you are playing lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Radically overhauled franchise mode?

Please send me whatever Madden you are playing lol

Yeah...based on everything I hear, it hasn't really changed at all.  Just another lie from EA.

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

people really spending in the thousands on one video game?

Um yes.  People do that in tons of games.  Fortnite, Madden, League of Legends, etc.  If the game has micro transactions and the game mode tied to the micro transactions is fun then people will spend the money.

That's all I'm saying.  EA makes more money off of micro transactions than they do from people actually buying this game.

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

people really spending in the thousands on one video game?

I'm guilty of this. I spent close to if not over $1,000 on NCAA 14 Ultimate Team. Haven't done it since for any EA game. Also have done it for the Destiny universe, but they have clothes and different things, not on micro-transactions.

Edited by carrolljcmc

4 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

I'm guilty of this. I spent close to if not over $1,000 on NCAA 14 Ultimate Team. Haven't done it since for any EA game. Also have done it for the Destiny universe, but they have clothes and different things, not on micro-transactions.

You and I both dropped quite a bit of money into MUT for Madden 15.  

• Like 1

I've bought Madden every year since like 2010, but I don't think I've spent a dime on MUT. I hate micro's on anything but cosmetics. 

Madden is doing a real disservice by not having co-op outside of MUT. It's a joke. I remember when they removed it, and then the next year added it back in MUT only. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

You and I both dropped quite a bit of money into MUT for Madden 15.  

Not 4 figures though ;). Couple hundo, sure. Then I realized (unlike most) that it doesn't really matter who's on your team or not lol. I did it for NCAAUT because I'm a completion whore, had to fill out all the collections, same for 15.