Madden 20

Cheesehawk

12 hours ago, JohnCena said:

I really want them to make Franchise mode more fun if Franchise mode is the same in Madden 20 no point of me buying it. It gets so boring after a while. Like we need some (LOTS) updates in Franchise Mode.

Same thing, still the worst franchise mode of all sports games and way worse than the franchise mode in Madden PS2 versions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just got the game and created a custom team for option/run heavy.  I have receivers with 60-plus blocking pancaking defensive backs.  It's glorious.  

Just FYI, they could have a 5 blocking rating and they would still pancake... cuz Madden

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 7:29 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

In franchise mode, do you know if you can still edit the weight of schemes? Like up the pass %, make the DT's more pass rushing oriented, etc? I remember you used to be able to but I don't know how to do it anymore.

You haven't been able to do that for a long time as far as I know.

To me it seems like the core franchise mode was essentially gutted when EA came up with MUT and realized people are willing to throw real money on a regular basis at that. I can understand some of the appeal of MUT, but ultimately anyone who plays that regularly or puts in time and money for that mode is to blame for the lack of franchise options. EA will continue to cater to the customer willing to pay over and over instead of the one time purchaser for franchise mode.

As much as we all hate EA, it's an easy business decision to take in more income from repeat customers. If the fanbase ignored MUT, we wouldn't be seeing weekly updates on it. So in the end, the customer base can only look into a mirror to figure out the driving force behind bare bones franchise and weekly content MUT.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

Anyone know any GOOD ways to build up coins for MUT? I can't find anything good this year and Im about to give up on MUT. My pack luck has been HORRENDOUS.

I mean look at this. How many customers encountered similar luck, and just threw down real money to get more packs?

On 9/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

Anyone know any GOOD ways to build up coins for MUT? I can't find anything good this year and Im about to give up on MUT. My pack luck has been HORRENDOUS.

Solo Challenges are the best way to build up coins. That, and flipping cards.

EDIT: Speaking of ways to build up coins, the PC Market is just so garbage. MUT works on consoles because a lot of people play the game and flood the market with cards. PC is a freaking wasteland.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

On 10/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, RuskieTitan said:

To me it seems like the core franchise mode was essentially gutted when EA came up with MUT and realized people are willing to throw real money on a regular basis at that. I can understand some of the appeal of MUT, but ultimately anyone who plays that regularly or puts in time and money for that mode is to blame for the lack of franchise options. EA will continue to cater to the customer willing to pay over and over instead of the one time purchaser for franchise mode.

As much as we all hate EA, it's an easy business decision to take in more income from repeat customers. If the fanbase ignored MUT, we wouldn't be seeing weekly updates on it. So in the end, the customer base can only look into a mirror to figure out the driving force behind bare bones franchise and weekly content MUT.

I mean, they took micros to the 10th degree with Battlefront II, to the point where they had to create a pre-launch patch to remove them because they were getting lambasted with complaints.  They will continue with that kind of model, because Madden and Fifa draw in a ton of money, and MLB The Show has the same with DIamond Dynasty.  Most people don't have the time to grind it out, and will pay money to get a good team, or the good weapons.  It's a shame that we're at this point, but developers were always looking to get more out of their games than the original ticket price.  First it was Downloadable Content, single player expansions and multiplayer maps that we ended up paying for that used to be included in the game.  Now it's expanded to a whole game mode supporting it, and people eat it up. 

• Like 1

I miss being able to not only create your own playbook, but your own actual plays. That was bomb. I had the nastiest wishbone formation ever. Double tight end, 3 backs. Man.

Also into my 3rd season in Face of the Franchise. Just beat the 9-6-1 Saints in the Superbowl with the Dolphins. The year before I beat the 49ers in it. The year before that I went 4-12 but threw for 5k and ran for another 1100.