Madden 20

Cheesehawk

On 10/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I miss being able to not only create your own playbook, but your own actual plays. That was bomb. I had the nastiest wishbone formation ever. Double tight end, 3 backs. Man.

Also into my 3rd season in Face of the Franchise. Just beat the 9-6-1 Saints in the Superbowl with the Dolphins. The year before I beat the 49ers in it. The year before that I went 4-12 but threw for 5k and ran for another 1100. 

You can create your own playbook. Go to the main menu of the game. All the way on the right there is 3 smaller boxes. Furthest left small box has a gear on it, it’s called Customize. Click on it and scroll down to playbook.

I do miss being able to make your own plays though. 

Could somebody tell me if there is a way to start a Franchise from the current point in the NFL season with all stats and players up to date?  Last year there was a way to do it, but I couldn't figure it out and I think it was limited to just a coach or player career.  I want to start an owner franchise at the end of the regular season without having to go through and simulate everything. 

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Could somebody tell me if there is a way to start a Franchise from the current point in the NFL season with all stats and players up to date?  Last year there was a way to do it, but I couldn't figure it out and I think it was limited to just a coach or player career.  I want to start an owner franchise at the end of the regular season without having to go through and simulate everything. 

Can’t. Only NBA 2K allows this. I always do it manually and assign wins. No way to get stats on point though. 

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t. Only NBA 2K allows this. I always do it manually and assign wins. No way to get stats on point though. 

Madden lets you start a season at the current point in the season.  Not sure if all of the stats are completely accurate, or not, but the records are.  I started one, in week 6, a few days ago.  

On 10/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, jyod21 said:

Madden lets you start a season at the current point in the season.  Not sure if all of the stats are completely accurate, or not, but the records are.  I started one, in week 6, a few days ago.  

It has to be an online franchise, doesnt it?  I know you can play it single player, but yoy cant do it in offline franchise, unless thats changed since Madden 18.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

It has to be an online franchise, doesnt it?  I know you can play it single player, but yoy cant do it in offline franchise, unless thats changed since Madden 18.

I'm not positive, but that could definitely be true.  The CFM I did it with was a solo, online.  

On 8/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, kingseanjohn said:

For anyone playing franchise, how difficult is it to re-sign guys? I imagine lower tier guys are fairly easy. But what about 90+ guys or x-factors?

So I'm playing my franchise and Mahomes is up for a new contract.. It took 7 years at 280mil to do it...

Looks like I need to start my franchise over without re-signing Chris Jones and others so I can keep playing with him. Thanks again Brett Veach for those amazing free agent pick ups you've had in Watkins, Hitchens, and most recently Clark. Clark's cap hit of 28+mil is especially nice in year two.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, kingseanjohn said:

So I'm playing my franchise and Mahomes is up for a new contract.. It took 7 years at 280mil to do it...

Looks like I need to start my franchise over without re-signing Chris Jones and others so I can keep playing with him. Thanks again Brett Veach for those amazing free agent pick ups you've had in Watkins, Hitchens, and most recently Clark. Clark's cap hit of 28+mil is especially nice in year two.

Just edit his contract to 7 years and vet minimum. Nbd

On 11/1/2019 at 2:22 PM, Tyty said:

Just edit his contract to 7 years and vet minimum. Nbd

I’ve been trying to keep it realistic and not do that. But after two offseasons of not being able to re-sign a player or sign a single FA except Mahomes, I had to do it. Screw you Frank Clark contract. 

Edit. I didn’t do vet min tho. Instead of 22+ per year I dropped it to 13ish to stay somewhat realistic. 

Edited by kingseanjohn

On 11/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve been trying to keep it realistic and not do that. But after two offseasons of not being able to re-sign a player or sign a single FA except Mahomes, I had to do it. Screw you Frank Clark contract. 

Edit. I didn’t do vet min tho. Instead of 22+ per year I dropped it to 13ish to stay somewhat realistic. 

Lol, Patrick Mahomes signing for 13 million a year being somewhat realistic.  Lol.  Julio Jones a WR who is going to be 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35 is going to be making an average of over 20 million.  The only way Patrick Mahomes and 13 million is somewhat realistic is if the man wins 17 Powerballs and splits a Mega and has a really good accountant on his payroll. 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:27 AM, Outpost31 said:

Lol, Patrick Mahomes signing for 13 million a year being somewhat realistic.  Lol.  Julio Jones a WR who is going to be 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35 is going to be making an average of over 20 million.  The only way Patrick Mahomes and 13 million is somewhat realistic is if the man wins 17 Powerballs and splits a Mega and has a really good accountant on his payroll. 

I changed Clark not Mahomes. Mahomes is getting his 40+ per year. 

Edited by kingseanjohn

• 2 weeks later...

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/252005/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-20-title-update-november

Fifth Year Option: In Coach Mode, during the Free Agent Recap week, if the user’s team has qualifying personnel, the user-Coach will experience a scenario to decide whether or not to sign eligible players to a fifth-year option; corresponding news stories that reference the ‘Fifth Year’ contract will populate as well

Tuning to increase the defensive reaction to running plays for deep zone safeties in Cover 4 plays

Tuning to reduce release time on TE block-and-release mechanic

Fixed an issue that caused AI-controlled ball carriers to rarely use special moves, like juke, spin, etc.

Fixed an issue preventing specific sack animations that appeared to be a fumble from registering as a fumble

Fixed multiple issues with the ball bouncing around in players’ hands in various states

That's just a few things I like in the update, we'll see if any of the changes actually work as they are supposed to though. I'm just glad to see them doing anything for Franchise, 5th year option is a nice addition seeing as it should have always been available. 

I really like the player tiers. Super/star, X Factor, etc. seems like an excellent addition. I haven't played but reading the franchises on here makes the draft feel so much more dynamic. You can actually miss on picks and find real gems other than an 80 overall in later rounds.

It feels more realistic where some guys seem like they should become elite players but don't and guys you never payed attention to become impact players.

I hope they keep it.