Madden 20

Cheesehawk

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man there are so many issues still with gameplay.

Kickoffs and kick returns:

- Why the hell does it sometimes eliminate one of the directions (usually middle)? Why do I need 2 options for left or right? Cant even change it via playbook either like you can with punt returns. Get stuck with no blockers on a vital return late in the game. So freaking dumb.

Man Coverage:

- Why is my CB on the TE on that side of the field and forcing my LB onto the WR? I want both my corners mirroring the WRs if it's man.

- To follow up, why did they ever eliminate matchups? Players can move their #1 WR into the primary slot or into a specific spot in the formation, yet my #1 CB is restricted to his side of the field (and sometimes forcing the above crap to happen).

There's a lot more issues with the game imo, but those are the most egregious imo.

I hate how the QB fumbles every time they get hit trying to run the ball. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking I might not get it next year. At a certain point, I feel like I was spending more time just trying to complete ultimate team tasks. And the gameplay isn't good enough to continue to worry about playing this thing. The best mode is Superstar KO, but even that has started to get super stale. 

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Thinking I might not get it next year. At a certain point, I feel like I was spending more time just trying to complete ultimate team tasks. And the gameplay isn't good enough to continue to worry about playing this thing. The best mode is Superstar KO, but even that has started to get super stale. 

I'm on year 2 of my Madden strike. Haven't purchased since 18 but the offseason is always when I get the itch to get on Madden and run a fantasy draft or something. Got my eyes out for a $5 Madden sale. But yeah, the days of buying Madden at $60 at release are long in the rear view mirror until serious changes are made. What is this Superstar KO mode? Haven't heard of that.

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

I'm on year 2 of my Madden strike. Haven't purchased since 18 but the offseason is always when I get the itch to get on Madden and run a fantasy draft or something. Got my eyes out for a $5 Madden sale. But yeah, the days of buying Madden at $60 at release are long in the rear view mirror until serious changes are made. What is this Superstar KO mode? Haven't heard of that.

Something new for this year. Basically, it's a stripped down version where you go online against someone and play with your half playbooks while you draft 3 guys. AS you win, you can keep what you kill so to speak and poach a player from the team you beat. If you lose, you are knocked out and have to start from scratch again.

• 1 month later...

Man, I bought Madden a couple months ago. Been trying to get into a franchise since we've been on quarantine and I just can't. It sucks so bad. I'm legit debating going and getting a 360 so I can play Head Coach 09 again. I would kill for those offseason and draft mechanics to be in Madden with a few small tweaks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Man, I bought Madden a couple months ago. Been trying to get into a franchise since we've been on quarantine and I just can't. It sucks so bad. I'm legit debating going and getting a 360 so I can play Head Coach 09 again. I would kill for those offseason and draft mechanics to be in Madden with a few small tweaks.

I was waiting to see if Madden 20 went on sale for $20 eventually here, and grab it, but Im not even sure about that.     

Im starved for football, but I never hear much good about Madden 20.       

Im not going to get into bashing Madden.   Its all been done and its all been said.     Its just sad that in 2020, we dont have a quality NFL sim.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I was waiting to see if Madden 20 went on sale for $20 eventually here, and grab it, but Im not even sure about that.     

Im not going to get into bashing Madden.   Its all been done and its all been said.     Its just sad that in 2020, we dont have a quality NFL sim.

It's sad that they did such an awesome job with Head Coach and then never moved any of those mechanics into Madden. The draft was a blast and much more well done than it is now. I'm pretty sure I just talked myself into getting a 360 to play it again lol

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Blame the money EA is pouring into the exclusive license.  And blame the money that they are getting from micro-transactions that prioritize resources going into Ultimate Team rather than any other feature.  I used to run a small gaming site and my partner was a GameChanger, and he was there for that shift.  It wasn't pretty.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

It's sad that they did such an awesome job with Head Coach and then never moved any of those mechanics into Madden. The draft was a blast and much more well done than it is now. I'm pretty sure I just talked myself into getting a 360 to play it again lol

I agree.

I do think some aspects of HC09 is a little too in depth for the casual fan, so I can understand why they didnt do SOME of them, but there are certainly numerous aspects they couldve put in Madden.   Or maybe put alot of them in and just give casual fans the option to turn it off.

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Blame the money EA is pouring into the exclusive license.  And blame the money that they are getting from micro-transactions that prioritize resources going into Ultimate Team rather than any other feature.  I used to run a small gaming site and my partner was a GameChanger, and he was there for that shift.  It wasn't pretty.  

Absolutely.

Microtransactions have ruined gaming in many ways.      Should be illegal in some cases, but it will never happen.   Too many corrupt politicians get kickbacks.   

EA was going downhill before MT's though.     They rely heavily on big name's (NFL, Star Wars, Harry Potter) to sell their games rather than quality games.     Most of their Star Wars games have been meh, their Harry Potter games were terrible, and we all know whats become of Madden.

I blame the NFL, as well.    All they care about is money, regardless of the quality of the products associated with them, including the actual game itself.