Madden 20

Cheesehawk

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree.

I do think some aspects of HC09 is a little too in depth for the casual fan, so I can understand why they didnt do SOME of them, but there are certainly numerous aspects they couldve put in Madden.   Or maybe put alot of them in and just give casual fans the option to turn it off.

Absolutely.

Microtransactions have ruined gaming in many ways.      Should be illegal in some cases, but it will never happen.   Too many corrupt politicians get kickbacks.   

EA was going downhill before MT's though.     They rely heavily on big name's (NFL, Star Wars, Harry Potter) to sell their games rather than quality games.     Most of their Star Wars games have been meh, their Harry Potter games were terrible, and we all know whats become of Madden.

I blame the NFL, as well.    All they care about is money, regardless of the quality of the products associated with them, including the actual game itself.    

To be fair to EA at least on the Harry Potter stuff, movie to video game stuff has never translated well, or been well received no matter the subject. 

I find it extremely ironic that EA's best Star Wars title period was a game without any micro-transactions, DLC or anything multi-player in Fallen Order.  They killed Dead Space because it was a single-player game, and forced Bioware to add multiplayer and micros into Mass Effect, which absolutely detracted from the core experience.  The same thing happened with Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed when they added multiplayer, and it took many years and games until they course-corrected with Origins becoming a single-player game once again.  Even after micros were removed, DICE worked Battlefront II into a pretty good shooter, but it took them almost two years to make that happen.  

That gives me hope that if enough people want that kind of game, we might get one.  That includes a football sim, but a lot of people need to abandon the current game to get them to even consider it.  I would also be willing to pay more for a single-player game if they promised 80-100 hours of content to make it worthwhile for them, and include some decent season-pass DLC that keeps some content coming.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

To be fair to EA at least on the Harry Potter stuff, movie to video game stuff has never translated well, or been well received no matter the subject. 

I find it extremely ironic that EA's best Star Wars title period was a game without any micro-transactions, DLC or anything multi-player in Fallen Order.  They killed Dead Space because it was a single-player game, and forced Bioware to add multiplayer and micros into Mass Effect, which absolutely detracted from the core experience.  The same thing happened with Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed when they added multiplayer, and it took many years and games until they course-corrected with Origins becoming a single-player game once again.  Even after micros were removed, DICE worked Battlefront II into a pretty good shooter, but it took them almost two years to make that happen.  

That gives me hope that if enough people want that kind of game, we might get one.  That includes a football sim, but a lot of people need to abandon the current game to get them to even consider it.  I would also be willing to pay more for a single-player game if they promised 80-100 hours of content to make it worthwhile for them, and include some decent season-pass DLC that keeps some content coming.  

Did you see what they did with the Potter games?     They released a game for EVERY movie and made spinoffs, and they were all very short and basic, clearly geared at duping little kids and parents who loved Harry Potter.    Wouldnt be a huge issue if they werent selling every game for the price of a full triple A game.   Those games shouldnt have been more tham $20 each.    T

Thats why I hate EA's constant "short development cycle" excuse when it comes to Madden.    Every year they make that excuse, but if they are basically admitting they only have so much time to work on it annually and can only do so much in a single development cycle, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU JUSTIFY CHARGING $60 EVERY YEAR!?!?      That infuriates me to no end.     Fanboys make that excuse too, but it doesnt work.   If they charged $30 year, that would be a different story.    I know the NFL wont allow that, but we all know EA wouldnt do that even if they didnt have to operate under the NFL's direction.     Hell, 2K releasing 2K5 for $20 is essentially what led to the exclusive license.

And as far as Harry Potter goes, it could easily be made into a great RPG.   It doesnt even have to have Harry Potter himself....just have an RPG take place in the same universe and it COULD be amazing.   All EA did was try to capitalize on the success of the franchise without bothering to put much effort into making the game great.....which is basically what they do with almost everything.

Ive accepted that we will never see another great football game.      I dont even need it to be perfect, just something that is fun enough to keep me invested for more than a few weeks.    NFL hasnt been able to do that in almost a decade (M12 is the only consistently fun Madden since they got the exclusive license IMO).   Can only imagine how great the game MIGHT be if they just kept building onto Madden 12, as opposed to making the gameplay more arcadey and replacing franchise mode with connected franchise.       

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

I can't wait to see what 2k does with their franchise mode if they get to make a sim game in 2021-22

Not happening.     They even stated Madden will remain the only "sim" on the market.    

40 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not happening.     They even stated Madden will remain the only "sim" on the market.    

I think that's until the licensed is up after the 2021 season. Their has been speculation that the NFL is open to letting other developers make games when their deal with EA ends. Madden might be the only sim game on the Market for just two more years. hopefully we get a clear picture of this in a yr

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think that's until the licensed is up after the 2021 season. Their has been speculation that the NFL is open to letting other developers make games when their deal with EA ends. Madden might be the only sim game on the Market for just two more years. hopefully we get a clear picture of this in a yr

I hope so, bro.  Just won't get my hopes up.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

My guess is how EA has mangled some of their flagship franchises, the NFL might be willing to have an open mind this time around.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My guess is how EA has mangled some of their flagship franchises, the NFL might be willing to have an open mind this time around.  

this

here's a interesting quote from a NFL guy who deals with this stuff

"Expanding the NFL's presence in the world of gaming has become a focus for the League as we look to grow the next generation of our fanbase and reviving our partnership with 2K was a natural step in that effort," said Joe Ruggiero, Senior Vice President of Consumer Products at the NFL. "2K is a worldwide leader in sports video games, with a proven track record of creating best-in-class and award-winning games and we look forward to sharing more about the projects we are working on with them in the future."

I think the NFL is finally seeing the upside in giving someone else a shot. this guy and others who work for the NFL have to be aware of EA rep going down the drain this decade, so why not give someone else a shot.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

this

I think the NFL is finally seeing the upside in giving someone else a shot. this guy and others who work for the NFL have to be aware of EA rep going down the drain this decade, so why not give someone else a shot.

Agreed, but I dont want anyone else having exclusive rights either.

Even if its just EA and 2K, maybe they can push each other to make a truly great NFL game.   

Thats the only chance we have, really...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, August4th said:

this

The other idea is that each non-exclusive contract could be worth around 70% of what the exclusive one is bringing in. Add in the non-sim part from 2k and you get around 85% of the current contract with EA from 2k. Another 85% from EA because they want both markets and to bring back NFL street and boom. Bidding war just turned into 170% of what they made before. That's why the NFL wants to do this now. It has and will always be about money.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The good news about the ps5 coming out means maddens gonna roll out with a new engine for it which will be glitchy and bare bones year one as they slowly add everything to it that they’ve removed from prior maddens 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AustrianNiner said:

So I'm considering getting Madden 20 for 20 bucks, since my last one is Madden 17 and because of Corona and stuff, would you say it's worth it despite it's shortcomings?

Noooooo