Madden 20

Cheesehawk

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:
4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

There was an article I read a year or so back that said the NFL has blocked this from happening. They do not want people "tarnishing the image" of the NFL by making ridiculous jerseys etc. With the exclusive rights obviously anything the NFL wants, EA will abide by 

Lol, how ridiculous. 

I really wish somebody would develop an incredible football game that would allow for all sorts of customization so that you could just download somebody's created NFL. 

The NFL doesn't have an exclusive license on football.  I would buy two copies of that just to spite EA. 

In your franchise would you cut "Kicker #2" on the Packers?

10 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Were you able to do formation subs from the pause menu last season? I couldn't in my version (17'). You can only do it between plays, and the clock is ticking. It takes a whole quarter or more to set the formations the way I want them. This is during an exhibition game.

Yeah, you can do it outside the game again. It was ridiculous when you couldn't.

Friendly reminder to buy the game used, everybody! Some will inevitably buy it new, but your voice can be heard if your money doesn't go directly to EA!!

(I'm not the activist type but I feel very strongly about this haha)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Friday July 5

Madden: Tues July 9 check back in with us for the four 99 overall rated players

Me: cool 

Tues July 9

Madden: Aaron Donald has a 99 overall rating, continue checking in the rest of the week for the rest of the 99 overall rated players. 

Me: 🙄

• 99 Strength – Best in Madden 20
  • 99 Power Moves – Best in Madden 20
  • 98 Pursuit – Best in Madden 20
  • 97 Block Shedding – Second-best in Madden 20
  • 96 Finesse Moves – Second-best in Madden 20 

With the combination of Donald’s 99 OVR and his suite of Superstar X-Factor abilities, you can imagine how much of a dominant force he will be in Madden NFL 20. When his Fearmonger Zone ability is activated, he will be able to apply pressure on opposing QBs even while engaged with blockers.

When a 280-pound man can move like this, it’s going to be a problem for anyone trying to stop him.

:o

9 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I just want to be clear in case I wasn’t, my eye roll wasn’t directed at Donald for being a 99 ovr. It was that they’re going to spend an entire week to announce 4 players. 

I know.  I was just posting some of his attributes since you mentioned him.  Copy and paste from EA's site.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

Bobby Wagner the next 99 OVR to be revealed lololololololololololololol.

Wow...... so much for a revamped rating system. I love Wagner as much as the next non-Seahawks fan, but I was hoping 99 would be saved for generational talents. 

• Like 3

Here's a breakdown of the x-factor abilities.  How you get into the zone (if you have this trait) and how to knock someone out of the zone.  The site says there will be 50 players in the entire game who have x-factor abilities, so it sounds pretty limited.  These things are strong as hell.  This might end up being a massive game play change.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/superstar-x-factor

I'm really curious as to how these are determined throughout a franchise. Can a player have unlimited amounts of these or do they only get one? Also, what about in-coming drafts? Will those players you draft have these abilities already? Will you be able to scout and find out that information or would it just be luck of the draw?

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I'm really curious as to how these are determined throughout a franchise. Can a player have unlimited amounts of these or do they only get one? Also, what about in-coming drafts? Will those players you draft have these abilities already? Will you be able to scout and find out that information or would it just be luck of the draw?

It'd be nice to know this. I'm going to hold off until I know more. I only play this game for franchise mode, so they need to share all the info.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

Here's a breakdown of the x-factor abilities.  How you get into the zone (if you have this trait) and how to knock someone out of the zone.  The site says there will be 50 players in the entire game who have x-factor abilities, so it sounds pretty limited.  These things are strong as hell.  This might end up being a massive game play change.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/superstar-x-factor

GAMBLER

Can’t be intercepted by AI defenders.

Takes calculated risks. AI-controlled defenders cannot intercept passes when in the zone.

Trigger Conditions: Three Consecutive Completed Passes for 5+ Yards In Air (Requires Five in Competitive)

Knockout Conditions: Two Incomplete Passes or any Sack, Fumble, or INT

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Aaron Rodgers is broken.

4 hours ago, biggio7 said:

I believe every player has 2 functional abilities but a player with the Superstar/X Factor dev trait can get a third ability that can be triggered to make them seemingly unstoppable. Though it seems like it will be tough to trigger some of the X Factor abilities. (Antonio Brown’s ability requires him to get 2-3 40+ yard receptions with no drops, Alvin Kamara’s ability is similar)

Quick dev is gone 

Normal - Star - Superstar - Superstar/X Factor  

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

GAMBLER

Can’t be intercepted by AI defenders.

Takes calculated risks. AI-controlled defenders cannot intercept passes when in the zone.

Trigger Conditions: Three Consecutive Completed Passes for 5+ Yards In Air (Requires Five in Competitive)

Knockout Conditions: Two Incomplete Passes or any Sack, Fumble, or INT

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Aaron Rodgers is broken.

I don't think it's bad.  All it takes is two incomplete passes and he's already out of the zone.  That seems balanced to me.  And if you are playing online, you need to complete 5 passes with a min. of 5 yards in the air (so you can't just dump it off).  Out of all the abilities, this seems like the furthest one from being OP.  Plus, Rodgers IRL doesn't throw a lot of interceptions so it fits.

Plus, its only AI defenders.  So it seems like it would only be OP, if it is, against AI teams.  Any user team is probably switching to the closest defender in coverage so you will still be able to pick him off.  

Cam Newton's seems like it would be more annoying than that.  It takes 5 runs of 10+ yards to trigger in competitive but once you do, he is guaranteed to break the first tackle on every run after that.  Pretty annoying ability for a QB to have, which is why I will be using him.  

Edited by iknowcool