Madden 20

Cheesehawk

4 hours ago, August4th said:

Does anymone know of much money EA puts into these games? Madden just feels so cheaply run that it feels like EA just makes these games to pocket as much money as possible.

Not nearly as much as they make.

The big wigs at EA and the NFL are making a killing every year because they are selling a marginally improved game every year for $60, on top of bilking tons of money with MUT.

At most, Id guess the reinvest about 25% of previous Madden releases into the next years game, and I wouldnt be shocked if its closer to 15%.    

The rest of the money ends up being bonuses for the same people holding the game back.

We're going to say we're listening.

We're going to say there will be changes.

We're not going to change a damn single thing.

We're going to hope that this stops trending until next year.

This time next year we''re going to once again say we are listening.

This time next year we''re going to once again say there will be changes.

This time next year we''re going to once again not going to change a damn single thing.

This time next year we''re going to once again hope that this stops trending until next year.

• Like 5

The fact Grady said, "We can't share anything with you now, but..." tells us all we need to know about Madden 21's Franchise.

It was an apology video that was really a "we don't have anything this year. Check out Madden 22 after playing 21, and we promise some major improvements" video.

All I play is connected Franchise. I hate MUT. I give you $60 annually. I'm done being screwed. 

• Like 3

Last year before M20, they said they were committed to making franchise better.   

2 games later, the only notable feature added was custom draft classes, a feature that should have been added a decade ago.

Seriously...**** EA.  

Funny little nugget about this trainwreck...

So, Lamar Jackson is the cover athlete for M21....and supposedly in the beta, they have the wrong profile picture for him.  Apparently, its another Lamar Jackson.  xD

If the game had any real effort put into it, I dont think most would mind, but its just further reflective of the lack of attention to detail.    

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

So, Lamar Jackson is the cover athlete for M21....and supposedly in the beta, they have the wrong profile picture for him.  Apparently, its another Lamar Jackson.  xD

If the game had any real effort put into it, I dont think most would mind, but its just further reflective of the lack of attention to detail.    

UDFA CB from Nebraska Lamar Jackson signed with Jets 

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

its a 19.99 game being sold for 60.

I think there's an indication that NBA 2K21 will be vastly different when it comes to current gen vs next gen.  Maybe a new engine or revamped game built from the ground up?  Nobody is sure yet, but NBA 2K21 isn't doing a free upgrade if you buy the standard edition of the game like many other games are doing (Cyberpunk, Avengers, and Madden).

So what's the difference between Madden on PS4 vs Madden on PS5 outside of the game looking better graphically?  I'm assuming there won't be massive differences otherwise I'm guessing they would not have done a free upgrade.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I think there's an indication that NBA 2K21 will be vastly different when it comes to current gen vs next gen.  Maybe a new engine or revamped game built from the ground up?  Nobody is sure yet, but NBA 2K21 isn't doing a free upgrade if you buy the standard edition of the game like many other games are doing (Cyberpunk, Avengers, and Madden).

So what's the difference between Madden on PS4 vs Madden on PS5 outside of the game looking better graphically?  I'm assuming there won't be massive differences otherwise I'm guessing they would not have done a free upgrade.

Or is it just that 2K is the greediest company in the videogame industry?

Lets not forget they are also exploiting Kobe Bryant's death by charging extra for the Black Mamba edition.  

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Or is it just that 2K is the greediest company in the videogame industry?

Lets not forget they are also exploiting Kobe Bryant's death by charging extra for the Black Mamba edition.  

I think they've said or at least led people to believe the game will run differently on the PS4 and PS5.  Also, saying they're exploiting Kobe Bryant's death is not fair to them.  Everyone was calling for them to put Kobe on the legend edition of the game after he passed away.  People have been wanting that for months.  2K's legend edition always cost $99.99. 

• Like 1