Madden 20

Cheesehawk

19 hours ago, showtime said:

I mean, Bobby Wagner is the best linebacker in football.  But he shouldn't be a 99 overall.  Probably a 97 overall would be better for him.

I would prefer to start with Donald and Mack as the only 99s. There isn't another player I would say this year I am confident will play this year at a generational level. I think Mahomes, Rodgers, Barkley, Antonio, Julio, Hopkins, and on defense maybe just Kuechly and Ramsey all have a case for 95-98, but I don't think I would put them at 99. 

Edited by JBURGE

6 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

Khalil Mack is the next 99 OVR. Speculative 4th announced tomorrow is Deandre Hopkins.

The 4th player is someone with dreadlocks, and given the 3 unveiled are defensive. Not many offensive players who would qualify have dreadlocks other then Nuke and Kamara

7 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

Khalil Mack is the next 99 OVR. Speculative 4th announced tomorrow is Deandre Hopkins.

Nuk would make sense. All of his catching stats are gonna be 98s and 99s. His zero drops last year has been pretty well documented.

Combine that with good physical traits and what I'd assume is 95ish awareness and that should add up to 99 overall.

Hopkins is a 99 overall even tho hardly nobody considers him the best receiver in football.  That seems weird to me.  Honestly, only Aaron Donald should be a 99 overall.  Mack, Wagner and Hopkins should all be like 96-98 overall.  I would put Patrick Mahomes as a 99 overall for the insane season he just had.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Hopkins is a 99 overall even tho hardly nobody considers him the best receiver in football.  That seems weird to me.  Honestly, only Aaron Donald should be a 99 overall.  Mack, Wagner and Hopkins should all be like 96-98 overall.  I would put Patrick Mahomes as a 99 overall for the insane season he just had.

There should only be 1 player that's 99 OVR every year. They should let the players vote as to who is the best player in the league, regardless of position, and that player should be the guy. You can still have other elite players between 95-98 OVR. Just my lonely opinion.

Edited by carrolljcmc

48 minutes ago, showtime said:

Eric Rayweather on YouTube guessed all 4 99 overalls (Technically he revealed it after Donald was already announced but I’m pretty sure that was a given).  His logic was that last year Kuechly and Von Miller were 99s and Mack and Wagner were 98 so he figured they would switch. He also said that at the last roster updates Wagner and Mack were 99s. He also guessed Hopkins because he had zero dropped passes last year. 

40 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

There should only be 1 player that's 99 OVR every year. They should let the players vote as to who is the best player in the league, regardless of position, and that player should be the guy. You can still have other elite players between 95-98 OVR. Just my lonely opinion.

I don't agree there should be one 99 every year, but I get your point.  Donald should def be a 99 overall.  Outside of that, nobody else should have gotten it this year except probably Mahomes.

15 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Eric Rayweather on YouTube guessed all 4 99 overalls (Technically he revealed it after Donald was already announced but I’m pretty sure that was a given).  His logic was that last year Kuechly and Von Miller were 99s and Mack and Wagner were 98 so he figured they would switch. He also said that at the last roster updates Wagner and Mack were 99s. He also guessed Hopkins because he had zero dropped passes last year. 

Tons of people guessed Mack and Hopkins.  The last silhouette had dreads, so literally the only options for that spot would have been Hopkins or Kamara.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, showtime said:

I don't agree there should be one 99 every year, but I get your point.  Donald should def be a 99 overall.  Outside of that, nobody else should have gotten it this year except probably Mahomes.

Mahomes only has done it for one season. Not giving him a 99 yet is fine.

QB Ratings:

Mahomes 97

Brady 96

Rivers 94

Luck 92

Wilson 91

Rodgers 90

Ryan 89

Roethlisberger 85

Newton 84

Goff 83

Mayfield 83

Watson 82

Wentz 82

Prescott 81

Cousins 81

Carr 80

Dalton 80

Mariota 79

Stafford 79

Garoppolo 78

Foles 77

Jackson 76

Winston 76

Trubisky 75

Mitch getting that shade, not sure why Dalton is that high.