The Patriots are trading QB Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett

game3525

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

I don't care how little you think of Dorsett, you don't make that kind of trade for a backup QB.  Even if Luck is out for the entire year, take a loss on the year.  Even if you have to make the trade to get a backup QB, do it at the start of preseason, and don't do it with a conference rival that has made a decade out of trading for receivers with potential that never lived up to the potential elsewhere. 

Raiders traded Moss for a 4th.
Dolphins traded Welker for a second.
Colts trade Dorsett for a friggin third string QB. 

Idiot Colts. 

I hate this trade so much because it doesn't hurt the Patriots at all.  Not at all.  They don't even lose a draft pick.  They lose a third string QB and gain a first round talent receiver. 

The Colts should be docked their next first round pick for being so stupid.  How can a team that's been a Patriots rival for the better part of 20 years possibly let themselves potentially help the Patriots season like that? 

First they were dumb enough to take a receiver in the first round when receiver wasn't going to do anything for a team without a defense or offensive line, next they do this.

I am so angry right now. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

This sends a strong signal to Garoppolo. I think Brissett is going to start at least a couple of games for the Colts this year. Hope he does well.

I agree, I believe Pat's are going to franchise Garoppolo and then trade Tom Brady after this season.

2 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Br00TCn.gif

I can absolutely understand it from the Colts perspective.  Dorsett was arguably the most nonsensical pick Grigson ever made.   He wasn't contributing enough and they needed a quarterback.

But the Patriots?  Chris Hogan was their down the field option last year and he was effective in the role.  They trade for Cooks who is effective at every level, but clearly has top tier speed.  They lose their heart and soul in Edelman.  A fearless receiver who can be counted on for 100 catches if he can stay healthy for the Patriots and has at least one of the clutchest plays in NFL history.  And when they need to add someone to help fill the void they trade for..... another speedster?  What?  Then on the other hand, you have trading away Brissett.  In the fourth preseason game, the dude just went 28 for 39, 341 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for a fifth.  Tom Brady is getting older, Jimmy Garoppolo is about to get a lot more expensive.  Why unload him? 

The Patriots have no depth. Mitchell has shone to be a little injury prone and is nursing an injury. Amendola similarly has had bad luck with injuries. Add in the fact that they have no proven returner on the roster (aside from Amendola, who is needed to fill Edelman's role & can't stay healthy) and Brissett's - hopeful - lack of usage in 2017, it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

I don't care how little you think of Dorsett, you don't make that kind of trade for a backup QB.  Even if Luck is out for the entire year, take a loss on the year.  Even if you have to make the trade to get a backup QB, do it at the start of preseason, and don't do it with a conference rival that has made a decade out of trading for receivers with potential that never lived up to the potential elsewhere. 

Idiot Colts. 

I hate this trade so much because it doesn't hurt the Patriots at all.  Not at all.  They don't even lose a draft pick.  They lose a third string QB and gain a first round talent receiver. 

The Colts should be docked their next first round pick for being so stupid.  How can a team that's been a Patriots rival for the better part of 20 years possibly let themselves potentially help the Patriots season like that? 

First they were dumb enough to take a receiver in the first round when receiver wasn't going to do anything for a team without a defense or offensive line, next they do this.

I am so angry right now. 

Dorsett is not Welker or Moss he's been a bust his whole career.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

This sends a strong signal to Garoppolo. I think Brissett is going to start at least a couple of games for the Colts this year. Hope he does well.

Think we'll start with Tolzien but from what he's shown (not much) he could quickly be replaced by Brissett.

Not looking good for Andrew though. Had it bad with injuries the last couple of seasons. 

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Good trade for both teams, actually. 

Jacoby won't see action unless there's a series of unfortunate events. The Patriots need receiver depth and a returner. 

What can fans tell me about Dorsett?

Top end speed is really good, but he's not necessarily quick or explosive. Inconsistent hands and routes. Handled a lot of kick and punt returns in college but wasn't very good at it because he lacks initial quickness.

Just now, Starless said:

Not sure about trading Brady, but they clearly have an eye towards keeping Garoppolo somehow.

Rumors are Brady will retire after this season, and the Pats have been aware of this. They are not saying anything to keep it from being a distraction... again just a rumor. But it makes sense with how they've handled Garoppolo these past 2 seasons, they intend for him to take over soon.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts. 

I am so angry right now. 

Can Pagano afford to take a loss on the year?

Irsay could have got rid of him along with Grigson but didn't. Now of course Luck may be out for a long time which some may say should give Pagano a free pass, but this is Jim Irsay we're talking about. 

When Manning was out and we were stuck with Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter as QB's, Caldwell didn't get a free pass. He was replaced by Pagano. He's seen this story before.

Archived