The Patriots are trading QB Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett

game3525

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

Idiot Colts.

I don't care how little you think of Dorsett, you don't make that kind of trade for a backup QB.  Even if Luck is out for the entire year, take a loss on the year.  Even if you have to make the trade to get a backup QB, do it at the start of preseason, and don't do it with a conference rival that has made a decade out of trading for receivers with potential that never lived up to the potential elsewhere. 

Raiders traded Moss for a 4th.
Dolphins traded Welker for a second.
Colts trade Dorsett for a friggin third string QB. 

Idiot Colts. 

I hate this trade so much because it doesn't hurt the Patriots at all.  Not at all.  They don't even lose a draft pick.  They lose a third string QB and gain a first round talent receiver. 

The Colts should be docked their next first round pick for being so stupid.  How can a team that's been a Patriots rival for the better part of 20 years possibly let themselves potentially help the Patriots season like that? 

First they were dumb enough to take a receiver in the first round when receiver wasn't going to do anything for a team without a defense or offensive line, next they do this.

I am so angry right now. 

Are you really trying to compare the moss trade to this lol. Luck is going to miss some time and they got a decent QB who manage games while luck is gone.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Are you really trying to compare the moss trade to this lol. Luck is going to miss some time and they got a decent QB who manage games while luck is gone.

Yes.  I'm just terrified Dorsett will turn all-pro when properly coached and implemented into an offense.  Welker had 1 touchdown before he was a Patriot in 3 seasons.  Moss had 3 touchdowns the year before breaking the NFL record for touchdowns (as a Patriot). 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes.  I'm just terrified Dorsett will turn all-pro when properly coached and implemented into an offense.  Welker had 1 touchdown before he was a Patriot in 3 seasons.  Moss had 3 touchdowns the year before breaking the NFL record for touchdowns (as a Patriot). 

To be fair Moss was Moss prior to Oakland. Patriots can plug anyone in the slot and they will be productive.

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I do agree this trade was weird I personally wanted Colts to sign Kap and give Dorsett another chance but at least the colts didn't give up a draft pick.

I don't think this is a terrible move for the Colts. This pick was a dumb pick for the Colts at the time and most hammered Grigson for it. 

Brisett has looked good in his time in New England. His rookie year he was thrown into an unfortunate situation. He wasn't getting a ton of reps in pre season and camp because Brady wanted majority of the reps considering he was sitting 4 games and the remaining were going to Jimmy because he was going to be the starter. Then he's thrown into the fire against Houston and performed well given the circumstances. Played hurt against Buffalo. 

This gives them a young back up under control for 3 years who's looked pretty good so far. Granted, I'm not sure how he'll hold up with that Colts OL but I think he'll do well. Eye test tells me he has what it takes to be a serviceable NFL QB. 

This deal interests me for the Patriots because I don't think Dorsett has shown he can do much more than stretch the field. They already have two of those type of WRs with Hogan and Cooks. I guess they could kick Hogan to the slot, but I don't see why they would do that. He was one of the better deep threats in the league last year. 

Itll be interesting to see if McDaniels and Brady can tap into that potential of Dorsetts.

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Two things most if the league would take a Brady and BB isn't scared to trade any player on his roster including brady

Oh BB would be scared to Trade Brady....You don't trade your franchise's GOAT QB. Patriots fans would revolt. 

Then again it's BB so he might do just that because he's BB so of course it would work out.

I honestly think this move will have more immediate impact for the Colts. The Pats have enough WR depth that Dorsett won't have to play much. If Luck has to start the season on PUP, I doubt they'll get enough out of Tolzien that he starts every game in his absence.

39 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I guess the patriots got their Julian Edelman replacement and the colts got their week 2 starter if luck isn't healthy.

Malcolm Mitchell and Chris Hogan are replacing Edelman. Dorsett is likely just for return value + depth at WR

lol @ people overreading crap.

We need  a spare receiver after Edelman's injury and the Colts need a quarterback with Luck not progressing as well as they were hoping. There's nothing more to it than that.

Belichick isn't trading Brady. Anyone who honestly thinks that has even a remote chance of happening is an idiot. Brady is still highly productive and is on a team friendly deal; trading him makes absolutely no economic sense. By the time Brady starts to decline, he's filing his retirement papers.

22 minutes ago, OleXmad said:
38 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Two things most if the league would take a Brady and BB isn't scared to trade any player on his roster including brady

Oh BB would be scared to Trade Brady....You don't trade your franchise's GOAT QB. Patriots fans would revolt. 

Then again it's BB so he might do just that because he's BB so of course it would work out.

I would imagine Brady would retire if he was traded. But I think he's the one and only player BB would never trade.

Archived