Man in the Middle--All Hail, HOF Center, Mick Tinglehoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcovhqkTvNk

One thing that cannot be denied about the Vikings of the '60's and '70's is that they were a durable lot!  Mick Tinglehoff was no exception.  He never missed a game in his whole 17 year career!  He was not only the starting center his whole career, but he was also the long snapper for punts, field goals and PAT's!  He wasn't huge, or splashy...but he was smart and quick for a center.  The highlights will show you how quickly he goes from his initial block to a 2nd block.  He was a very good run blocker...Bill Brown, Dave Osborn and Chuck Foreman all gained a lot of yards running through the lanes between center and the guards!

It took a long, long time, and recognition from the veterans committee, for Tinglehoff to be put in the Hall of Fame.  As he now suffers from dementia, I wonder what he processed from the whole HOF experience?  Should've happened a long time before it did, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm sure there are people that love Mick...most of us just weren't old enough or around to actually watch him play.  :D

You @#$% whipper snapper!!!!  Get off my lawn!!!