Are the Packers or Steelers more likely to make the SB in 2019?

Bolts223

You can draw some similarities between these franchises right now. Both marquee, blue-blooded franchises who have disappointed in recent years and even missed the playoffs altogether last year. Both have HOF QB's nearing the end of their careers and both play in fairly tough divisions.

If someone from the future told you that one of these teams would make the SB, which would you pick?

I'd say the Packers, not just because of the turnover in Pittsburgh or Big Ben having little left in the tank, but mostly because the other AFC contenders look so much stronger.

That said, I wouldn't put money on either team.

I think the Steelers are probably the better team but I may say the Packers just because if they can get into the playoffs there isn't really a team that has had their number like the Patriots have with the Steelers. Oddmakers also give the Packers the better odds of getting there.

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Green Bay, but they need a runningback.

Trade for Duke pls.

If Aaron Jones is properly utilized and can stay healthy, I'll go out on a limb and make a bold prediction that he will end the season as a top 5 RB. Dude is super talented. And Jamaal Williams is just fine as a #2.

I’m pretty sure a rookie HC has never won a Super Bowl. That’s an extremely difficult thing to ask of Matt LaFleur.

Tomlin has won a Super Bowl and has been to two, and he still has his QB from them whose still playing really well.

I know there are other things to consider like division, conference, roster, and Rodgers (which are pretty split between the two teams anyway).... but I can’t for any reasons pick rookie LaFleur to win a Super Bowl over a coach who’s been there and done that.

• Like 1