Are the Packers or Steelers more likely to make the SB in 2019?

Bolts223

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Teams better than the Steelers in the AFC:

Patriots

Chargers

Chiefs (if Tyreek Hill plays)

Teams better than the Packers in the NFC:

Rams

Saints

Eagles

Vikings

Bears

Falcons (maybe)

Cowboys (maybe)

So, Steelers - easily

and that is based on what exactly?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

and that is based on what exactly?

Scientific studies.

Just kidding, his personal opinion obviously. Each team has 5 teams ahead of them as far as odds to make the Superbowl. He chooses not to recognize those teams being better than the Steelers, which may or may not turn out to be true but does recognize those teams (maybe Cowboys) and others as being better than the Packers.

He obviously has high regard for the Steelers and likely doesn't think the Packers have a chance in their own division. If I were of the opinion that the Steelers were definitely not finishing higher than 2nd in the AFCN I'd have to give them virtually no chance too. Maybe it ends up like last year and neither even make the playoffs.

• Like 1

honestly don't think the pats are the biggest hurdle for the steelers ATM(I think our staff on defense has finally figured out how to handle brady)

but the AFC north is in a big transformation right now, where I can see any of those teams being a huge annoyance+ our passing game will look different without AB..so I honestly don't know where the steelers stand in the AFC right now ..can see us being contenders or fall off the wayside into mediocrity like we did in 2012-13

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

honestly don't think the pats are the biggest hurdle for the steelers ATM(I think our staff on defense has finally figured out how to handle brady)

but the AFC north is in a big transformation right now, where I can see any of those teams being a huge annoyance+ our passing game will look different without AB..so I honestly don't know where the steelers stand in the AFC right now ..can see us being contenders or fall off the wayside into mediocrity like we did in 2012-13

Don't think it's necessarily about NE being some sort of kryptonite. More so that beating NE at NE (if they get home field) is tough. PIT at NE is week 1 already so will be interesting

Steelers easily have the path of least resistance.

Bengals are the Bengals
Ravens don't have a QB that can't throw, and will probably be hurt by midseason
Browns have a RB coach as their HC now... Not saying Kitchens will definitely fall flat. Just saying he has a ton of questions surrounding him, and has a lot of egos to manage.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Scientific studies.

Just kidding, his personal opinion obviously. Each team has 5 teams ahead of them as far as odds to make the Superbowl. He chooses not to recognize those teams being better than the Steelers, which may or may not turn out to be true but does recognize those teams (maybe Cowboys) and others as being better than the Packers.

He obviously has high regard for the Steelers and likely doesn't think the Packers have a chance in their own division. If I were of the opinion that the Steelers were definitely not finishing higher than 2nd in the AFCN I'd have to give them virtually no chance too. Maybe it ends up like last year and neither even make the playoffs.

Yep my opinion. I never pay attention to the Packers Super Bowl odds because they have Rodgers and are typically inflated.

I have the Steelers as favorites in the AFCN (until I see the Browns play and win a few games), while I have the Packers as the third best team in their own division.

Outside of their divisions, I think the NFC is stronger than the AFC. So even if I had them similarly rated, I'd give the Steelers better odds.

In reality though, I don't think either team will get there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, August4th said:

Oh you poor thing.

-Steelers have never beaten the Belichick/Brady Pats twice in a row.

-Steelers have never beaten the Belichick/Brady Pats in the playoffs.

-Steelers have never beaten Brady at Gilette, where the playoff game surely will be.

But I mean, yeah, I'm sure Tomlin and the rest of that undisciplined madhouse have it all under control.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:03 AM, DannyB said:

Oh you poor thing.

-Steelers have never beaten the Belichick/Brady Pats twice in a row.

-Steelers have never beaten the Belichick/Brady Pats in the playoffs.

-Steelers have never beaten Brady at Gilette, where the playoff game surely will be.

But I mean, yeah, I'm sure Tomlin and the rest of that undisciplined madhouse have it all under control.

Wait, did you become a full fledge NE fan??

15 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wait, did you become a full fledge NE fan??

Hell no, but I consider myself a pretty close, unbiased observer of the team, and I can recognize greatness.

But actually none of that matters, since I'm just stating facts. When it comes to the Steelers, the Patriots own that ***.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, game3525 said:

I think Pittsburgh is better, but GB is more likely to make the SB given the Steelers would have to go through NE.

History tells me NE will represent the AFC. NFC doesn’t have to deal with that. I don’t have a lot of confidence in GB but it’s still more then the doubt I have of anyone beating the Patriots in the AFC. 

If we play them again in the playoffs I want to the team to be led out by Bernard Pollard wearing a Dolphins jersey. 

Edited by Boltstrikes

Based on the history of the Super Bowl, the Steelers are more likely to win the Super Bowl than the Packers this season. 

It is exceedingly rare for a team who missed the playoffs two straight years to win the Super Bowl.
I don't know if a first year head coach has ever won a Super Bowl. 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know if a first year head coach has ever won a Super Bowl. 

George Seifert pulled it off in SF
Gruden won one in his first season in TB , but he wasn't a rookie HC
Switzer and Tomlin got close, winning it in year 2