International players?

tannenballs

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I forgot what it was called, but the NFL did something awhile back where all 4 teams in a division got an international player they were required to keep on the practice squad but couldn't call-up (I think?).  NFC South was one of those divisions and that's how we got Efe Obada, who contributed a little bit last year.

I wonder if they will bring that back.

they change which division gets to do that each year. 

So I know not many people like the idea of having pro teams out of the USA but what if the NFL helped set up let’s say, 4 farm/minor league teams with one in London, Canada, Mexico City, and one in the states somewhere 

The NFL expands roster sizes and 8 teams each gets to send 5-7 players to their “farm teams” and games could be played in the offseason or during if that would be better 

4 Teams with like an 8-12 game schedule where they play each other 2-3 times 

Maybe this would help those borderline players get more practice and also help grow the sport nationally?

The NFL have now started a program in London aimed at identifying and training kids in partnership with some local schools and Spurs with the aim of creating a route to the NFL for British kids. 

So hopefully in a few years time there will be more Brits playing in the League.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malik said:

I don't know why any sane person who is athletic enough to be a professional football player would actually choose football over like any other sport??? 

Take rugby then. If you're athletic and big enough for football, you probably are for rugby too. You'd get more money in football, a much shorter season (rugby players play every week from Sept - May, then in summer for their country if good enough), you get padding and helmets for protection. I've played both, and rugby is HORRIBLE. Metal studs racking down your ankles all day. Football is hard as nails too, but slightly preferable :)

On 7/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, Malik said:

I don't know why any sane person who is athletic enough to be a professional football player would actually choose football over like any other sport??? 

Body types make a difference. There aren't a ton of athletic opportunities for big kids right now. Even basketball is starting to despise width.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
On 6/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, johndeere1707 said:

I’ve always wondered why NFL teams don’t try and nab some Sumo Wrestler and make him an offensive lineman like in the movie The Replacements 

They tend to be very short.

Also there would probably be a lot of false starts with the foot stomping before the play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

really hope that jordan mailata makes it and makes it big, more guys from down under that aren’t punters or assaulters (i’m looking at you jarryd hayne) need to get in to the league, it’d grow the game a lot here

any word on his progress @TheRealMcCoy @Danger @ninjapirate @Jeezla?

He's probably going to be switching positions now with Dillard being the heir apparent. But whether that means RT or a G position, remains to be seen. Prior to drafting Dillard though he was somewhat in play for maybe playing LT moving forward. He learned and picked things up quickly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

really hope that jordan mailata makes it and makes it big, more guys from down under that aren’t punters or assaulters (i’m looking at you jarryd hayne) need to get in to the league, it’d grow the game a lot here

any word on his progress @TheRealMcCoy @Danger @ninjapirate @Jeezla?

They are teaching him how to play RT this offseason. So in a year he will be the teams swing tackle and hey not bad for a 7th rounder.

• Like 1