Davante Adams Appreciation Thread

MacReady

3 hours ago, Norm said:

That's what so many people tell me. I don't wanna talk out of turn too much here for those who lived it. But I went back and have watched everything I could find from players I was curious about but mostly QB then RB and somewhat wr. He was clearly one of the better ones to play. Too bad it wasn't longer. I'm a huge Sayers fan and think he belongs in the HOF. But nobody really considers Sharpe and I'm pretty sure their yards from scrimmage per season over careers is similar. Granted Gale sort of made his name early partially on return prowess too. And a crazy average. 

If Terrell Davis is in, Sterling should be.  Sure his career was cut short but he was soooo dominant and he looked like a 1st ballot HOF lock.  I think he did enough to warrant getting in (and I love everything Shannon said about him at his own induction). I can't even imagine how unstoppable our offense would've been in 96-98 with him playing.

Agreed about Sayers too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

If Terrell Davis is in, Sterling should be.  Sure his career was cut short but he was soooo dominant and he looked like a 1st ballot HOF lock.  I think he did enough to warrant getting in (and I love everything Shannon said about him at his own induction). I can't even imagine how unstoppable our offense would've been in 96-98 with him playing.

Agreed about Sayers too.

Issue for Sterling is that he was not overly cooperative with the media.  Pretty standoffish from what I recall.  Unfortunately, the media has a big influence on the players that get into the HOF.  

38 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Issue for Sterling is that he was not overly cooperative with the media.  Pretty standoffish from what I recall.  Unfortunately, the media has a big influence on the players that get into the HOF.  

IIRC He would talk to the national media, but early in his career he felt betrayed by the local media and wouldn't talk to them again. He was better than Adams though, stronger and faster.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Considering he became a high profile member of the national media after his NFL career, I doubt it's much of an issue.

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Thought this was Courtland Sutton (current no.14 for Denver), but he doesn't have the arm tats. Turns out it was the undewhelming Cody Latimer, drafted three spots after D.Adams in 2014.

Looked like Rodney "Rod" Tidwell to me. Didnt know he'd gotten traded to Denver.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Thought this was Courtland Sutton (current no.14 for Denver), but he doesn't have the arm tats. Turns out it was the undewhelming Cody Latimer, drafted three spots after D.Adams in 2014.

I'm guessing you weren't here but there was a massive troll who's banned now, but probably back on a new user name lol, who talked about Latimer constantly. Mostly about being faster and how Adams was too slow. It was funny at first and it's funny now but it got really ******* annoying for a while lol

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Considering he became a high profile member of the national media after his NFL career, I doubt it's much of an issue.

Are you confusing Shannon Sharpe with Sterling Sharpe?  I dont recall Sterling having the high profile national media presence that Shannon has.

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

The bigger issue is that Davis was a key player on two Super Bowl winning teams, while Sharpe did not win any. If their situations were reversed, Sharpe would be in the Hall of Fame and Davis would not be in.