Davante Adams Appreciation Thread

MacReady

Alright you both make good points.  Mostly I just mean if you want to play Davante inside in critical situations, you want to have confidence that your boundary guys can win 1v1 when you need them.  Yeah I understand your formations and alignments can take some of the burden off of them, but you feel a lot better if you don't have to protect them.  

That being said, as AG points out this is a group that is better outside anyway and I'm super high on them in general anyway.  Honestly not even sure what I was thinking there, as just the other day I was thinking about how much I like MVS/Allison as an outside combo, lot of length and good downfield ability playing the ball.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 3:15 PM, vegas492 said:

May be dangerous to say this, but...

What if you put #84 on 'Vante?

To me, his game reminds me a lot of good ole Sterling Sharpe.  I think, or I want to think, that Sterling had a little more breakaway long speed, but both have great quickness and a power element to their game.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but see a little Sterling in those gifs....

What a darn shame he has to retire so young.  He was really special and better than his HOF brother.  Too bad he boycotted the WI media so fans didn't get to know him.  Does anyone remember the reason behind that?

On 6/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, squire12 said:

Are you confusing Shannon Sharpe with Sterling Sharpe?  I dont recall Sterling having the high profile national media presence that Shannon has.

Sterling was on the NFL Network for a few years.

I still think there's another level with Adams.

He's been handicapped by some pedestrian receivers clogging up the field. If MVS, Davis and Tonyan can consistently vertically stretch the field, Adams will be a machine.

• Like 1