Colts trade Dorsett to Pats for QB Brissett

Wyld Stallyns

Looks like it. Management obviously hasn't been impressed with Tolzien or Morris, and to be fair they haven't shone.

So if we are without Luck for the first few weeks, then this makes sense.

I had high hopes for Dorsett though. With Brady he can breakout.

Thinking about this trade, the more I think it was a good deal for us.

As mentioned neither Tolzien or Morris have impressed. We've now got a young QB who has spent a year learning from Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and can learn further still. We have a QB who has a bright future and can step in. 

Still think Dorsett can breakout, but if we're looking at what he's done for us, the answer is not much. We needed to make this trade as ultimately we just don't know how long Luck will be out for. 

55 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Looks like it. Management obviously hasn't been impressed with Tolzien or Morris, and to be fair they haven't shone.

So if we are without Luck for the first few weeks, then this makes sense.

I had high hopes for Dorsett though. With Brady he can breakout.

Gasp! 

The Philip Dorsett Era has come to an end!

One question: Do you really think that Dorsett might break out with Tom Brady, more so than he did with Andrew Luck?

Just now, bzane said:

Gasp! 

The Philip Dorsett Era has come to an end!

One question: Do you really think that Dorsett might break out with Tom Brady, more so than he did with Andrew Luck?

I think there's more chance. I just look at the fact that Brady throughout his career has had wide receivers that wouldn't be considered star names and has of course won, and won a lot. 

Don't think anyone would say Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan or Danny Amendola are top WR's, but that's three WR's Tom Brady won the SB with last year.

I don't know why it didn't work out with us and Dorsett. I would just say if there's any QB that has a chance of getting a WR to perform then its Tom Brady.

That being said, I know its not foolproof. (See Chad Johnson)

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

???

No offense to you at all, but I think Twitter is silly. It literally carries no merit with me whatsoever. Folks do not realize that this is just high tech "National Enquirer" stuff. 

The day that media said....factual news is not important....peoples opinions about each other are.....was the beginning of the end of media for me. I listened to 4 different sports channels a few days back for over 20 minutes. No one talked about the play of players at all. All they did was field calls about fans opinions about players. Today's sports fan is not interested in following a team and supporting them, they are for the large part self indulgent whiners using social media to make themselves feel important by using terms such as "garbage", "sucks", "trash", and "hot mess". 

12 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

No offense to you at all, but I think Twitter is silly. It literally carries no merit with me whatsoever. Folks do not realize that this is just high tech "National Enquirer" stuff. 

The day that media said....factual news is not important....peoples opinions about each other are.....was the beginning of the end of media for me. I listened to 4 different sports channels a few days back for over 20 minutes. No one talked about the play of players at all. All they did was field calls about fans opinions about players. Today's sports fan is not interested in following a team and supporting them, they are for the large part self indulgent whiners using social media to make themselves feel important by using terms such as "garbage", "sucks", "trash", and "hot mess". 

No offense taken, I don't use twitter daily. I usually only check particular people's tweets. Since the Colts let Kevin Bowen go there hasn't really been a "voice" of the Colts. I used to have Bowens tweets come up in my messages on my phone like texts so I could avoid twitter as much as possible 

24 minutes ago, stallyns said:

No offense taken, I don't use twitter daily. I usually only check particular people's tweets. Since the Colts let Kevin Bowen go there hasn't really been a "voice" of the Colts. I used to have Bowens tweets come up in my messages on my phone like texts so I could avoid twitter as much as possible 

Thanks for clarifying, but I wasn't judging you as you seem far more level headed. You are one of the reasons I decided to start posting here. 

ya....not sure on the Bowens thing......He certainly was a great read for actual information. Maybe he wasn't positive enough?

53 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Thanks for clarifying, but I wasn't judging you as you seem far more level headed. You are one of the reasons I decided to start posting here. 

ya....not sure on the Bowens thing......He certainly was a great read for actual information. Maybe he wasn't positive enough?

There is a new guy writing for the Colts who apparently used to work for the Redskins. Andrew Walker. For now, I'll just have to check on Stephen Holder, George Bremer, Mike Chappell and Brad Wells (ok this guy is a joke I couldn't even type his name without feeling guilt) 

1 minute ago, stallyns said:

There is a new guy writing for the Colts who apparently used to work for the Redskins. Andrew Walker. For now, I'll just have to check on Stephen Holder, George Bremer, Mike Chappell and Brad Wells (ok this guy is a joke I couldn't even type his name without feeling guilt) 

Wells decided to become a shock, jock style of reporter/writer. If you don't have IT....go for clicks. He is certainly good at clicks. 

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

I really like the pickup of Brissett for the Colts, we needed a good young QB to pair with Luck and to start when need be, we got that with Brissett.

Yes. I see him as the #2 by the start of next season at the very least. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/majority-of-the-league-going-with-just-two-quarterbacks/

19 of the 32 teams has 2 QBs on their initial 53 man rosters. (Colts have 4)

Bengals 3rd QB is going to be placed on IR today (Jeff Driskel)

Rams and Chargers kept 2 but are expected to bring back veterans Orlovsky (Rams) and Clemens (Chargers). Most likely after Week 1 (vested veterans who remain on the roster for the Week 1 game have their contracts guaranteed for the season. So teams will cut veterans and resign them after the week 1 game)

Broncos are going to sign Brock Osweiler due to Paxton Lynch expected to be out 5 weeks with an injury. 

Archived