The offseason DL thread

boratt

I’m a HUGE Mike Daniels fan. But he’s in a similar situation to Lane Taylor and Bryan Bulaga last year. Coming off serious injury, hasn’t been able to work out fully with his legs so underdeveloped physically.

expect a slow start with a good finish out of Daniels. I would still like to have him just cuz if we rested him right and gave him time to get all of the way back, he’d be great late season juice.

but I’m excited about our DL. Mont is playing at a whole new level. And Keke surprised the **** out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the best case scenarios seemed to come true this offseason for the DL.

1. Daniels is still injured so that move looks better and better every week

2. Mont Adams has been solid and stout and is showing excellent movement as well

3. Clark and Lowry stayed healthy

4. Lancaster looks improved with his twitch and burst. Really solid camp

5. I rarely expect much from rookie DL, but keke has flashed in every game. Just better than I expected all of the way across. 

I’m really happy with our top 5 guys. Plus Zadarius and Gary... we have some depth up front this year. I think we’re gonna surprise teams with our quality DL play. 

Adams being so stout and square and consistent really blew me away so far. And keke too. We just have a bunch of good players.

Edited by boratt

As predicted, Packers keep 6 DL and then add Looney and maybe another 1-tech type on PS.
Solid rotation with a rising star in Kenny Clark leading the charge.

1-tech  Clark, Lancaster..... Adams
3-tech  Adams, ZSmith, Gary, Clark, Keke, F. Brown
5-tech  Lowry, F. Brown, Keke

If the Packers wanna make a big splash to launch the 2019 season, they can announce Kenny Clark's long-term deal this week

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

As predicted, Packers keep 6 DL and then add Looney and maybe another 1-tech type on PS.
Solid rotation with a rising star in Kenny Clark leading the charge.

1-tech  Clark, Lancaster..... Adams
3-tech  Adams, ZSmith, Gary, Clark, Keke, F. Brown
5-tech  Lowry, F. Brown, Keke

If the Packers wanna make a big splash to launch the 2019 season, they can announce Kenny Clark's long-term deal this week

That would be great news!