Top 10 runningbacks gonig into 2019

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Williams is clearly not a top 10 RB going into next season.

His best season was last year and he just played a few games and finished with less than 500 total yards. Sure he was great during those few games but that's just a few games.

I do think he will be good and be productive next season but he doesn't belong anywhere near any top 10 list right now.

Based on the overall 2018 season, I agree. But we're talking about a RB in an Andy Reid offense going into 2019.

Williams didn't really play until week 13 and took over in week 15. In the regular season he rushed for 255yds. While that isn't a lot, it was only on 37 rushes, averaging 6.9 yds/att. He caught 20 of 21 passes for142yds or 28.4yds/rec. He had 6 total TD over those games. The first two games he was splitting caries with Ware, who had 20 and 15 touches himself. Plus, we all know Andy doesn't always run the ball.

In the playoffs he rushed for 159yds on 35 attempts (4.5avg) and 2 TD while catching 10 of 14 passes for 91yds and 2 TD.

I don't think that Williams is a top 10 talented or gifted RB in the league. But I think playing in Reid's offense will play to his strengths and give him the stats of a top 10 RB this year.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, SBLIII said:

They think Montgomery is going to be good because Nagy is an offensive genius with his 21st ranked total offense.

That's an incredibly deceiving stat.  Total offense just means total offensive yards.  When you're defense is constantly giving you short fields you arent going to rack up yards.  The Bears were 6th in scoring offense.  Which again is deceiving bc the defense was constantly giving the offense short fields. They were probably somewhere between 12-16 truly last year, which when you were the worst before is a pretty significant jump.  The offense will likely move to top 10 this year, maybe top 5 as they lost their gigantic tell in Howard.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's an incredibly deceiving stat.  Total offense just means total offensive yards.  When you're defense is constantly giving you short fields you arent going to rack up yards.  The Bears were 6th in scoring offense.  Which again is deceiving bc the defense was constantly giving the offense short fields. They were probably somewhere between 12-16 truly last year, which when you were the worst before is a pretty significant jump.  The offense will likely move to top 10 this year, maybe top 5 as they lost their gigantic tell in Howard.

I think points can be the deceiving stat. Chicago was 9th in points scored but their defense scored them quite a few TDs, and then short fields that lead to FGs shouldn't be credited to the offense.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I think points can be the deceiving stat. Chicago was 9th in points scored but their defense scored them quite a few TDs, and then short fields that lead to FGs shouldn't be credited to the offense.

But you have to do that for everybody and it becomes a mess.  They are both deceiving.  As I said they were middle of the pack.  The defense scored 5 TDs IIRC, so it's not some hugely different #, but the short fields from the takeaways certainly had an effect on both scoring and yardage.  

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But you have to do that for everybody and it becomes a mess.  They are both deceiving.  As I said they were middle of the pack.  The defense scored 5 TDs IIRC, so it's not some hugely different #, but the short fields from the takeaways certainly had an effect on both scoring and yardage.  

Six by my count. Which would have the offense under 24 ppg. But that doesn't take into account FGs off a short field.

Middle of the pack feels about right.

I personally trust yards or yards/play more than points - Bears were 20th in yards/play. I think that points can be fluky (ST/defensive TDs, INT returns to the redzone, etc.) but yards let you know how consistently your offense is beating the defense anywhere on the field. Can be misleading too, but it's what I prefer.