2019 Home Run Derby

devils1854

Just now, Pugger said:

We were wondering about that last night.   And one of the announcers said this year had a record number of homers but if they aren't waiting for the ball to land then this "record" is bogus IMO.  I'm glad Yelich wasn't in it screwing up his sore back.

Yeah - I dont want any NYY going thru that grind. Thats not just batting practice. Thats become batting practice on steroids.

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

We were wondering about that last night.   And one of the announcers said this year had a record number of homers but if they aren't waiting for the ball to land then this "record" is bogus IMO.  I'm glad Yelich wasn't in it screwing up his sore back.

The umpire right next to the hitter is telling the pitchers when they can go.  Since he was letting everyone go a little early it ended up fair for everyone. It also ended up way more entertaining than waiting for that umpire to try and see when a ball landed in the stands exactly. 

2 hours ago, winitall said:

The umpire right next to the hitter is telling the pitchers when they can go.  Since he was letting everyone go a little early it ended up fair for everyone. It also ended up way more entertaining than waiting for that umpire to try and see when a ball landed in the stands exactly. 

I agree, it made it more entertaining but it does kinda screw it up if you want to compare it to prior years.