Sign in to follow this  
malagabears

Tarik Cohen: Coach Nagy shows us playoff loss often

Posted (edited)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/20/tarik-cohen-matt-nagy-shows-us-end-of-playoff-loss-often/

Running back Tarik Cohen said on Mad Dog Sports Radio that head coach Matt Nagy showed the team the end of that loss “often” in team meetings this offseason.

“He just shows us the last seconds of the game,” Cohen said. “He shows us the crowd reaction, our reaction from the sideline, and he just tells us to never forget that hurt. We want to get back to that place, but have a different outcome. That drives us and motivates us to get through the practice every day.”

Edited by malagabears

Sounds like a toxic ex gf always bringing up old stuff 

Not sure how motivating it is.  

I don’t think players like Cohen, Mack, MT, etc. need special motivational tricks or rah rah speeches. 

17 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5121367

LOL......one of my favorite shows.  The acting is incredible across the board but Cumberbatch and Freeman just nail it as Sherlock and Watson.

14 hours ago, Tyty said:

Sounds like a toxic ex gf always bringing up old stuff 

Or allowing your own mind to bring up said toxic GF so you make a promise to yourself to never get involved in a relationship with a sociopath again.  :/

That old saying about "when they show you who they are believe them" is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure how motivating it is.  

I don’t think players like Cohen, Mack, MT, etc. need special motivational tricks or rah rah speeches. 

I don't believe it is a rah rah speech at all. It is a moment were every player knew they were going to LA to beat the Rams again. This was the first taste of the playoffs in many years and to have to snatched from you on a play were 95% of NFL , hell college kickers make, is a feeling that doesn't sit well. Listen to many of the 85 Bears and they will tell you the san fran game was the kick in the teeth they never got over.

The defense played well but Nagy's playcalling and the offense's production were less than expected. The fact that they had to rely on Tru and ARob to put a trash kicker i that spot was a failure to begin with. The game should have been out of reach by the time PHI got that last TD. It was a squandered chance, sadly.

I'm not leaning either way on this. We had a board at my school with newspaper comments, scores, etc that our coaches and the AD kept updated, and it definitely added a bit of fire. But these guys are already likely pretty damn motivated. I don't see how it could be a negative though either. If this causes issues for them in June then they are too mentally frail to trust in the postseason anyway.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The defense played well but Nagy's playcalling and the offense's production were less than expected. The fact that they had to rely on Tru and ARob to put a trash kicker i that spot was a failure to begin with. The game should have been out of reach by the time PHI got that last TD. It was a squandered chance, sadly.

I'm not leaning either way on this. We had a board at my school with newspaper comments, scores, etc that our coaches and the AD kept updated, and it definitely added a bit of fire. But these guys are already likely pretty damn motivated. I don't see how it could be a negative though either. If this causes issues for them in June then they are too mentally frail to trust in the postseason anyway.

I like what Holtz said about motivation when asked how he motivates his players. 

I don't need to motivate them, if they aren't motivated I replace them with guys that are. 

Also think we have put undo pressure on whoever our kicker is.  We going to boo every missed kick this year? Are teammates going to shun him? No one kicks 100% there will be at least some misses and everyone should understand that. 

I dont mind it one way or another tbh.  The message this year is simple.  Its superbowl or bust.  I think that whole team knows they had a superbowl winning team last year but they came up short when it mattered most.  And yeah, that could be (and I think is) that 84 SF moment.  This is going to be a dangerous team this year.  They are going to put up a butt whooping on a lot of teams.  But none of it is going to matter until the playoffs.  We all k ow that.  This team should win the superbowl this year.  We all believe it, they believe it.  It's up to them to follow thru and do it.

Btw will we see NFL conspiracy theories if the Bears win the SB in the NFLs 100th season?

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont mind it one way or another tbh.  The message this year is simple.  Its superbowl or bust.  I think that whole team knows they had a superbowl winning team last year but they came up short when it mattered most.  And yeah, that could be (and I think is) that 84 SF moment.  This is going to be a dangerous team this year.  They are going to put up a butt whooping on a lot of teams.  But none of it is going to matter until the playoffs.  We all k ow that.  This team should win the superbowl this year.  We all believe it, they believe it.  It's up to them to follow thru and do it.

Btw will we see NFL conspiracy theories if the Bears win the SB in the NFLs 100th season?

All I know is I hope all our younger fans get to experience what Chicago area is like when Bears are really, really good.

Not surprise good like when Urlacher and co made run with Mike Brown making crazy INT returns for TDs for miracle wins.  

But really good from start to finish.   Favorites going into games.  It is crazy.   Totally different from Bulls, Cubs, Hawks or Sox.  They get 6-0 or 7-0 and look good and it will start infecting and effecting everything.  

They are pretty good on paper.  We'll see if it comes together and they can stay healthy.  Big IFs.