US Open thread

sunnygsm

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Maria is out! Muguruza is out! 

The men's side of the draw is pretty devoid of talent after 4 of the top 6 pulled out. Hope Nadal wins it though. 

Fed Nadal semi is basically the final. I'm rooting for Fed. Love to see him #1 again

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I really wish Murray had pulled out sooner so they could reseed and Federer-Nadal could be the Final.

I agree. But at the same time if it was the women's draw this happened they'd be allowed to move Federer to the bottom half. I don't know why the rule is in place that you can't for men, at least when you are talking the top 2 seeds that are in the field.

Bottom half of the draw is just so ridiculously wide open. Opportunity of a lifetime for all 4 guys left in it. Was hoping to see Shapolovo keep it up, but Querrey's in great form and definitely rooting for him to take it to the final of the remaining guys. 

Went to the Open on Thursday. Great way to spend a day, got about 7 hours straight of entertaining tennis going to the day session. 

Saw Dolgopolov beat Berdych, Del Potro blast through some Spanish guy and then watched Monfils and Donald Young go 7-5 in the 5th, whiniest and most hilarious match I've ever witnessed. . Crowd was rooting for Donald mostly because he was American but truth be told they both acted like turds.

Del Potro making this a match with Thiem after all, don't know that he has the energy to keep this up but hoping he can prolong this after being barely present for the first 2 sets. 

This is a major turning point in the future of Men's tennis. It's clear the "new gen" is here, it's just a matter of time before they start truly contending with the big four. 

Bummer the draw played out the way it did, Rublev would beat both Anderson and Busta.

as well as del Potro played...Federer has made some AWFUL misses all match, and at some really crucial times.  Disappointing.

del Potro keeps Federer and Nadal from meeting at the US Open.  This seemed like the last best hope (I also thought this in 2010 though...).  Oh well.

Archived