NFL Draft Introduction Thread

Ragnarok

Welcome to the NFL Draft Forum!  This is the place where us draft nerds can come give our thoughts and opinions on all things NFL Draft related.

Feel free to introduce yourself before you jump into the various threads.  You can include details like favorite team, favorite prospects for the upcoming draft, and maybe some prospects from this past draft that you think landed in the perfect spots.

Please come to me with any issues that arise in this forum so that I can handle them in a timely manner.  You all know what kind of behavior is and isn’t allowed, so please act accordingly.  Just remember, none of us have a clue what we are talking about when it comes to prospects.

Finally, I am always looking for ideas to help get people talking during the offseason.  One idea will be to create a thread during training camp to discuss last year’s prospects and how they look so far.  Another idea will be weekly prospect threads to discuss which college prospects for the 2020 draft had a particularly good week or are rising up draft boards.  Let me know if you have any other ideas for increased activity as I am always looking for new ideas.

Thanks,

Rags

• Like 2

Hey, Calhoun here. Been posting here for many years. 

I make NFL Draft Databases

2020   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?

2019  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit#gid=573323980

2018  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?ouid=113626697261085004205&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

I also have a Youtube channel and cut a lot of prospect video

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2srpYNyoiiBEptuziASpg/videos

I'm a Packer fan, but pretty much a 24/7 NFL Draft guy. I don't follow/favor any college program. 

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Good to see a thread like this. I'm a stickler for drafts in the different major sports. Looking forward to discussing different aspects of the draft with you guys. Will this include past draft discussion as well?

Yeah, we could put up a thread that looks at past drafts.  Guys you were wrong on, right on, consensus guys who went way too high or low, whatever y'all like.  If that would interest some of you, we can get that going.  

• Like 2

I'm Hobo Rocket. I'm a Cardinals/Texans/Rams triple fan, but I like a lot of teams. I've only been on this site since the end of January in 2019, but I'm huge into the draft, coaching, and player evaluation as a whole. 

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

I'm a Patriots fan who has been on the site since around January of last year, and have really started to try to get involved with the draft in the last two years. The year before this year, I took a more traditional approach, but this year, I didn't have the time to watch film on many prospects, which was a real disappointment. I've been interested in the statistical side of the game for a while, so one of my recent projects has been to try to develop statistical methods of projecting NFL success for college players based on their draft position, college statistics, and combine measurables. Eventually I hope to use it to create a big board for this past draft and future ones and be able to look back at which teams drafted the best this past year by my methods. If you look for a bit, I'm sure you'll be able to find some of my threads, which are grouped by position. We've got a great group of film junkie kind of guys here, so I think expanding our collective reach with another way of looking at the draft would just make the whole experience all the better. I'm looking forward to seeing the work everyone puts out here in the future, no matter how small.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Gentlemen, 

As we really get into draft season, I just want to remind everyone to be respectful of others' opinions.  We can and will disagree about a lot.  However, let's try to veer away from calling viewpoints idiotic or things of that nature.  Strongly, adamantly, vehemently disagreeing is perfectly fine.

None of us really know how any of this will turn out, so no reason to get personal.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just started posting to this site.  I am very active on a couple of other sites.  Love draft discussions and mocks.  I am one of the 4 moderators at another message board's 7 -round Mock, with trades (in the midst of rd 4).  My home team is the NY Jets... I was 10 when Namath guaranteed a Championship and I am a season ticket holder.  -Dcat

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...