From 1-5, grade our roster positional groups accordingly! (In your assessment)

I thought it would be interesting, to see the views of our fellow brothers/sisters here on what they see with this teams roster makeover.

So to really get detailed on your thoughts, I thought maybe we should give each Redskins Roster positional group a score.

1 being terrible

2 being pretty bad

3 being average

4 being pretty darn good

& 5 being absolutely elite

You have the choice of looking at this with the overall depth we have at that position.

Or you may choose to look at who's starting & compare that individual league wide & scoring based off that premise.

Either way, there's no right or wrong opinion.

Just your personal assessment, on how you view the talent for each positional group going forward.

You may even write a "reason" for your grade, if you feel an explanation is necessary. So have at it! 😎

Also, there are 16 different positional groups I've put together. So a perfect team would grade out to "80" if all were scored 5 "elite".

QB's=3 (At this time, I feel we could be better or worse than a 3. We have a QB with good experience & a rookie with possibly elite talent. But both are still learning the playbook for year 1 & none of us know how this will transpire for the season.)

RB's=5 (I think we have one of the best groups of RB's in the league. A HOFer, a 1st Rd talent in Guice that injured his knee rookie season, another in Love who did the last play his college season & Chris Thompson. Any 4 of those could be starting for another team & we have them all. Personally, I think it's the best group of RB's in the NFL on 1 team. Unfortunately, injuries hasn't allowed us, to see it yet. But we will!)

WR's=2 (Until we see what McLaurin, Harmon, Sims & Quinn do on the field, this is more than a fair score. Richardson & Doctson keep it from being a 1, but one can't stay healthy & the other can't reach it's full potential. I do however think that the ability is there & a "4" could be reached with good QB play & good health. But our best wr the last couple of years, now plays for the Jets. 

TE's=5 (I give this unit a 5, because they're that good. Unfortunately, injuries hasn't allowed us to see the whole unit for a whole season. But when your backup TE is shredding starting defenses with Josh Johnson @QB? And you know your starting TE is even better than that guy, who's in his 30's? Then you know you have elite TE's. It's also why I think Haskins should start, with the pairing of our running game. When healthy, I also believe we have the best TE combo in football. Definitely, top 3!)

OT=4 (I think Williams & Moses is pretty darn good. When healthy, these guys are a very good unit)

OG's=3 (Sherff makes this group a 3 alone. He's a stud! But until we get that LG panned out, that's all it will ever be. If Flowers or our Rookie solidify this spot, it could be better than our Tackles. 

OC=3 (Didn't really know how to grade the Frenchman. But we drafted "popcorn" as well, so our depth seems to be pretty decent. I think average is a fair score, here)

DE's=5 (The Greek & J. Allen are awesome!)

NT's=5 (Payne & Settles are freakin' beasts as well. Funny how we all complained for YEARS that we needed to address the D-line & here we are. Arguably, the best upcoming D-line in the NFL. They're just young...

OLB's=5 (This is going to be the scariest unit in football next season. I'm talking about Kerrigan & Sweat rounding corners & harassing QB's. Is 5 premature? Yes, but when a LBer has RG3 speed @6'6" 260 lbs?  We know what Kerrigan can do.)

ILB's=2 (Rueben would have made this unit a 3 right off the bat, with his talent alone. So losing him is gonna hurt. I think our front line & OLBers can mask a little of their weaknesses. But I'm now, very concerned with this group. Maybe our rookie Cole Holcomb can improve this unit?)

CB's=3 (I'm not ready to say we are good at CB yet. I like Jimmy Moreland & hope F. Moreau & others can solidify our #2 & slot spot. But only Norman makes me feel ok about this group. I think the potential is there, I just gotta see it)

FS's=3 (I actually like M. Nicholson. I think he's pretty good. I think we lack depth back there, but I'm fine with him starting. I think he's at least, average. But when I watch him, he plays better than average, imo.)

SS's=5 (Landon Collins is a stud!)

K=4 (Hopkins is the best kicker we've had since Chip Lohmiller, imo. If he had a bit stronger leg, he'd be "5")

P=5 (most underrated player on the team, period! I think he's one of the 3 best Punters in the League.)

Lohmiller & Roby was the last K/P duo we had that were great. We now have that again. About damn time.

Anyways, I got 62/80. Or .775% talent score.

What you got?

Offense QBs 3.5, RBs 3.5 ( not sure what we have in Guice and the new ACL, A P is old ) ,WRs 3. I think there is simmering talent . Someone ( or two ) will emerge . TEs 3. squad of old , injured and a ?, OT 4, Guards 3 because of uncertainty at LG, Center 3 ( maybe 3.5 ). 

Defense. DE and nose tackles, solid 4 ( need to take the next step ), OLB 4, gotta see Sweat play in the NFL, Inside backers 3, ( better than advertised ) Corners 3.5, Safeties 3,  Kicker 4 Punter 4.5, long snapper 3.5 .

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

QB's=3 (At this time, I feel we could be better or worse than a 3. We have a QB with good experience & a rookie with possibly elite talent. But both are still learning the playbook for year 1 & none of us know how this will transpire for the season.)

2 - Rookie QB who started 1 year in college, career backup in Keenum and Colty McCoy is coming off major injury. 

RB's=5 (I think we have one of the best groups of RB's in the league. A HOFer, a 1st Rd talent in Guice that injured his knee rookie season, another in Love who did the last play his college season & Chris Thompson. Any 4 of those could be starting for another team & we have them all. Personally, I think it's the best group of RB's in the NFL on 1 team. Unfortunately, injuries hasn't allowed us, to see it yet. But we will!)

3 - This position group is deep but we don't have a star player here unless Guice proves otherwise, and he's coming off major injury.  If you don't have a star I don't see how you could call a group better than average.  

R's=2 (Until we see what McLaurin, Harmon, Sims & Quinn do on the field, this is more than a fair score. Richardson & Doctson keep it from being a 1, but one can't stay healthy & the other can't reach it's full potential. I do however think that the ability is there & a "4" could be reached with good QB play & good health. But our best wr the last couple of years, now plays for the Jets. 

1 - We probably have the worst WRing core in the league.  

OT=4 (I think Williams & Moses is pretty darn good. When healthy, these guys are a very good unit)

4 - We're in agreement.  

OG's=3 (Sherff makes this group a 3 alone. He's a stud! But until we get that LG panned out, that's all it will ever be. If Flowers or our Rookie solidify this spot, it could be better than our Tackles. 

3 - Hard to grade when you don't know who will be playing LG.  I'd put Scherff at a 4, and Martin/Flowers at a 1.  That's a 2.5 average, I generously rounded up.  

OC=3 (Didn't really know how to grade the Frenchman. But we drafted "popcorn" as well, so our depth seems to be pretty decent. I think average is a fair score, here)

3 - meh, I could easily put a 2 here.  Roullier is a solid but not spectacular player.  

DE's=5 (The Greek & J. Allen are awesome!)

5 - Ok I agree here.

NT's=5 (Payne & Settles are freakin' beasts as well. Funny how we all complained for YEARS that we needed to address the D-line & here we are. Arguably, the best upcoming D-line in the NFL. They're just young...

5 - Agree here too, but its weird that a position like this and Center with one starter are being equally valued in this game as a whole position group like WR or CB.  

OLB's=5 (This is going to be the scariest unit in football next season. I'm talking about Kerrigan & Sweat rounding corners & harassing QB's. Is 5 premature? Yes, but when a LBer has RG3 speed @6'6" 260 lbs?  We know what Kerrigan can do.)

3 - Kerrigan is a stud but Sweat is unproven and our depth is garbage.  

ILB's=2 (Rueben would have made this unit a 3 right off the bat, with his talent alone. So losing him is gonna hurt. I think our front line & OLBers can mask a little of their weaknesses. But I'm now, very concerned with this group. Maybe our rookie Cole Holcomb can improve this unit?)

1 - How can you have anything higher than a 1 year?  Mason Foster is garbage then we have a bunch of mid to late round picks vying for the other spot.  

CB's=3 (I'm not ready to say we are good at CB yet. I like Jimmy Moreland & hope F. Moreau & others can solidify our #2 & slot spot. But only Norman makes me feel ok about this group. I think the potential is there, I just gotta see it)

3 works.  

FS's=3 (I actually like M. Nicholson. I think he's pretty good. I think we lack depth back there, but I'm fine with him starting. I think he's at least, average. But when I watch him, he plays better than average, imo.)

2 - Nicholson hasn't proved to be reliable.  

SS's=5 (Landon Collins is a stud!)

3 - Collins can tackle but isn't great in coverage.  

• Like 1

Really hard to argue with @MKnight82 on most of his ratings, which are pretty much dead on, so I’ll just post the areas where I disagree slightly. 

I would combine the OL and DL groups into one, and give us a 3 for the OL and a 5 for the DL. The overall talent level on the OL probably would qualify for a 4, but the injury risk/history has to drop them a full grade. 

For similar reasons, I give the TE group a 3. Reed is probably good enough for a 4, and VD is a decent enough backup still, but the injury risk is too high to avoid the durability penalty. 

I would give Collins a 4 at SS and I would give Kerrigan/Sweat a 4 at OLB. Not much depth at either position, but Collins and Kerrigan are perennial Pro Bowl candidates and I’ve been fully bought in on Sweat since about February. 

• Like 2

1. QB's=3 (At this time, I feel we could be better or worse than a 3. We have a QB with good experience & a rookie with possibly elite talent. But both are still learning the playbook for year 1 & none of us know how this will transpire for the season.)

2. RB's=5 (I think we have one of the best groups of RB's in the league. A HOFer, a 1st Rd talent in Guice that injured his knee rookie season, another in Love who did the last play his college season & Chris Thompson.) 

AGREED with this part, but didn't agree w/ any of the 4 could start on other teams or that we have the best RB group in the league. I do think this group is going to carry our offense this year though - or at least they should - if Gruden sticks to the run and figures out how to divvy out the snaps between AD, DG and CT so they can all be effective and get put in position to make plays.

3. WR's=2 (Until we see what McLaurin, Harmon, Sims & Quinn do on the field, this is more than a fair score. Richardson & Doctson keep it from being a 1, but one can't stay healthy & the other can't reach it's full potential. I do however think that the ability is there & a "4" could be reached with good QB play & good health. But our best wr the last couple of years, now plays for the Jets. ) 

AGREED again! They have the potential to be a 4 if PRich stays healthy, Doctson plays and entire season how he did the second half of 2017, if Quinn stays healthy and if McLaurin, Harmon, Sims or Davis shows out despite their youth and inexperience and is a surprise. It's a lot of ”IF’s” but the talent is there for this WR group to be better this year than the WR groups from 2017 & 18 if they stay healthy and if either Doctson lives up to his potential or McLaurin/Sims/Davis/Harmon do something special as young wrs, which is totally possible especially for McLaurin/Sims/Harmon bc the talent is there.

4. TE's=4 (I give this unit a 4, because they're good but injuries and inconsistent blocking has failed them for four years. We all know injuries haven't allowed us to see Jordan Reed at his best his entire career except for most of 2015. I still wish they’d move him to starting slot WR full time and have Davis start at inline TE w/ Sprinkle being the blocking TE. As Ace said, the good thing is that despite Davis’ inconsistent blocking - on top of Reed's might I add -  when Reed is out, Davis is still fast and can shred starting defenders.)

5. OT=4 (I think Williams & Moses is pretty darn good. When healthy, these guys are a very good unit)

AGREED again!

6. OG's=3 (Sherff makes this group a 3 alone. He's a stud! But until we get that LG panned out, that's all it will ever be. We really need Flowers or one of our rookies to solidify this spot. I don't agree that it would then be better than our OT position, but if Flowers, Martin or RossP lock down the LG spot it definitely solidifies a 4. 

7. OC=3 (Didn't really know how to grade the Frenchman. But we drafted "popcorn" as well, so our depth seems to be pretty decent. I think average is a fair score, here)

AGREED again!

8. DE's=5 (The Greek & J. Allen are awesome!) I’ll also add that Caleb Brantley brings good depth as the 3rd DE.

AGREED again!

9. NT's=5 (Payne & Settle are freakin' beasts as well. Funny how we all complained for YEARS that we needed to address the D-line & here we are. Arguably, the best upcoming D-line in the NFL. They're just young...

AGREED again!

10. OLB's=5 (I think Kerrigan will continue to be his self and get double double-digit sacks. I think Sweat will pick up where Preston Smith left off and get a lot of pressure but probably not have the double-digit sacks fans expect bc there’s only so many sacks to go around, I expect 8 sacks from Sweat as a rookie. rounding corners & harassing QB's. We know what Kerrigan can do.)

11. ILB's=2 (Rueben would have made this unit a 3 right off the bat, with his talent alone. So losing him is gonna hurt. I think our front line & OLBers can mask a little of their weaknesses. But I'm now, very concerned with this group. Maybe our rookie Cole Holcomb can improve this unit?)

AGREED again!

I’ll add that I expect us to be fine at ILB w/ Bostic, SDH and JHC locking down the WILB spot opposite Mason, but Mason will continue to be a liability - especially in coverage. I hope they take Mason off the field on 3rd & long/obvious passing situations w/ Bostic or SDH calling the defense, but I don't expect Manusky to actually do it.

12. CB's=3 (I'm not ready to say we are good at CB yet. I like Dunny but I think he's Just # 2 material and he needs to stay healthy. I love the potential of Jimmy Moreland, F. Moreau, Stroman, Alexander and Danny Johnson as young corners but they have a lot to prove. I don't even love Norman bc he's not a playmaker and he doesn't have even good speed for a corner let alone great speed but with him out there, it makes them a 3.  I agree w/ Ace again, I think the potential is there, I just gotta see it.)

13. FS's=3 (I like M. Nicholson. I think he's pretty good. I think we are fine with him starting. I think he's at least, average. But when I watch him, he plays better than average, IMO. I liked the selection of Apke last year and think he can also develop into a solid FS but he has to prove it, he especially he has to prove be can tackle in the NFL. We also have DRC & Everett to start opposite Collins. So while we don't have a definite answer at FS, we have options/competition and I hope one of them works out, I really hope it's Nicholson bc I loved what I saw out of him as a rookie before his conclusion need his rookie year. )

14. SS's=5 (Landon Collins is a stud!)

14. K=4 (Hopkins is the best kicker we've had since Chip Lohmiller, imo. If he had a bit stronger leg, he'd be "5")

15. P=5 (Tress is  one of the best Punters in the League.)