2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

It's never too early to start, right? We'll use this thread to discuss prospects for the next 362+ days. It's not a great class but I do like Anthony Edwards, Cole Anthony, James Wiseman, Isaiah Stewart and a few other prospects. 

Not sure we'll have another 1st round pick but it wouldn't surprise me if Jahmius Ramsey was that dude. Straight bulldog.

2 other guys who could get drafted are Virginia Tech transfer F Chris Clarke and G Kyler Edwards. Edwards has a lot to work on but he might be our best shooter and if he takes a Culver-like leap...

Clarke is a 6'6" combo forward who can handle the ball, defend and rebound. He reminds me of Jae Crowder.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's never too early to start, right? We'll use this thread to discuss prospects for the next 362+ days. It's not a great class but I do like Anthony Edwards, Cole Anthony, James Wiseman, Isaiah Stewart and a few other prospects. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He's huge and a really good passer. Besides that, idk.

He's also a much better shooter than Lonzo was at this stage in their careers.

I don't think he's going to be amazing, but I would be shocked if he flamed out of the league.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's also a much better shooter than Lonzo was at this stage in their careers.

LOL what? He shot 34% from 3 at Spire, 27% from 3 in the JBA, and 25% from 3 when he played in Europe for a season. He can’t shoot.

I’d compare him to a MCW/Austin Rivers hybrid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/30/lamelo-ball-horrid-3-point-range-junior-basketball-association/747900002/

He had a stretch in the JBA where he missed 16 threes in a row and was 3-32 from deep in like 5 or 6 games.

ETA: Lonzo shot 45% from 3 during his senior season and 41% from 3 at UCLA.

Edited by NYRaider

On 6/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

Clarke is a 6'6" combo forward who can handle the ball, defend and rebound. He reminds me of Jae Crowder.

Not a bad comparison except Jae can shoot threes and you don't want Clarke doing that. That'll be the biggest hiccup for him in the NBA.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

LOL what? He shot 34% from 3 at Spire, 27% from 3 in the JBA, and 25% from 3 when he played in Europe for a season. He can’t shoot.

I’d compare him to a MCW/Austin Rivers hybrid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/30/lamelo-ball-horrid-3-point-range-junior-basketball-association/747900002/

He had a stretch in the JBA where he missed 16 threes in a row and was 3-32 from deep in like 5 or 6 games.

ETA: Lonzo shot 45% from 3 during his senior season and 41% from 3 at UCLA.

The hate is real. LaMelo Ball is the best young player in basketball. He’s gonna tear up the league. Don’t be a jealous hater. 

LaMelo doesn't suck. Is he flawed? Sure, but he's also super young and hasn't even turned 17 years old yet. His vision and passing for his age is pretty damn spectacular. This guy is going to be a lottery pick in next year's draft. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LaMelo doesn't suck. Is he flawed? Sure, but he's also super young and hasn't even turned 17 years old yet. His vision and passing for his age is pretty damn spectacular. This guy is going to be a lottery pick in next year's draft. 

NVM. I thought LiAngelo was the youngest one. 

The youngest brother is a fairly decent player. Middle brother is the one who's hot garbage.