2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

5 hours ago, Kirill said:

If I'm the Warriors with pick 1 I'm still taking Anthony Edwards. He could fit in well as a 2 with Steph at the 1 and Klay at the 3, but maybe start off as a 6th man. Hell you could run Wiggins at the 4 in some lineups. League is getting smaller and smaller. Look at the starting PF on most of these playoff teams. Giannis, Gallinari, Bogdanovic, Morris, Hayward, Covington.... Not unreasonable to ask Wiggins to match up with any of those guys... Take the better player, ESPECIALLY if he's a guard. DO NOT TAKE THE BIG.

Disagree the Warriors should go after James Wiseman, he has the highest upside out of position of need that combination makes him a no-brainer in my

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Disagree the Warriors should go after James Wiseman, he has the highest upside out of position of need that combination makes him a no-brainer in my

Anthony Edwards would kill with Golden State's spacing though

30 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Who would kill more a potential starter or a Playa probably coming off the bench? You don't take a plan number one to put them on the bench and I doubt if Golden State plays small ball with green at Center

Anthony Edwards is the consensus #1 player on a team of nobodys where he has to do everything. Imagine this dude in the GSW death lineup for the next 5-10 years. You could just bench Wiggins. Curry/Edwards/Klay/Green/Looney. Managing egos should not factor into the first overall pick.

Edited by Kirill

On 2/12/2020 at 11:35 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

1st BB, probably will change a lot 

1. Anthony Edwards
2. Onyeka
3. Wiseman
4. Okoro
5. Haliburton
6. Killian Hayes
7. Toppin
8. Lamelo 
9. Cole
10. Nico
11. Vassell

Only ones I'm comfortable ranking rn. Don't know anything about Deni or Hampton, who are both generally in the top ten. Watched other players but don't think any deserve to be this high (Tre Jones, Josh Green, Stewart, McDaniels, etc)

Lotto material? Mid 1st? Late 1st? I feel like if he can develop a jumper, he could become a very valuable guy in the NBA w/ his athleticism and willingness on D. Big if, but in a draft like this, that may be worth lotto gamble. 

53 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lotto material? Mid 1st? Late 1st? I feel like if he can develop a jumper, he could become a very valuable guy in the NBA w/ his athleticism and willingness on D. Big if, but in a draft like this, that may be worth lotto gamble. 

if he ends up being a good shooter he'll be good, I just don't think he will

probably a top 3 onball defender in the draft, good passer, but teams just ignore him and he can't make them pay, and doesn't have enough bust with the ball to be more than a spot up shooter, also does a lot of dumb stuff shot selection wise

probably late teens to end of 1st depending on me watching more players

Edited by 11sanchez11

16 hours ago, Kirill said:

Anthony Edwards is the consensus #1 player on a team of nobodys where he has to do everything. Imagine this dude in the GSW death lineup for the next 5-10 years. You could just bench Wiggins. Curry/Edwards/Klay/Green/Looney. Managing egos should not factor into the first overall pick.

Sorry I missed this post but are we sure Edwards is the consensus number one pick? And secondly it wouldn't be about egos it would be is there enough basketballs and playing time but so many good players at similar positions

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

If Curry actually comes back this season from his 3-6week injury this discussion probably won't matter, unless the Warriors get lucky in the lottery. They should win some more games with Curry and Wiggins.

Well with the new Lottery format it is really impossible to predict who will get the number one pick since so many more teams have a better chance.

As a basketball fan first and foremost I can't wait next year already to see how strong the top three teams in the west are going at each other with the to La teams and Golden State and then the other top teams make a run at them. I don't see any of those teams running away with it like golden state has in the years past this is a great time to be an NBA fan in my opinion

I don't follow college basketball a ton, but I'm kind of surprised Lamar Stevens is projected to be a mid-late 2nd rounder. Might just be from years of watching Penn State basketball that he looks better to me than he actually is, but the guy seems like a beast.