2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who was the last lottery pick that came from Israel out of curiosity?

TJ Leaf was born in Israel but then moved to the U.S. Omri Casspi is the only other Israeli born player that has been drafted. 

Obi Toppin is Derrick Williams to me. It’s not really a good thing when all I see is a guy using his athleticism to just dunk.

This class as a whole sucks.

I’m keeping a close eye on Patrick Williams from FSU. Obviously he needs to develop his offense.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Obi Toppin is Derrick Williams to me. It’s not really a good thing when all I see is a guy using his athleticism to just dunk.

I knew Dwill was gonna be bad in the nba 

mostly because he isn't explosive in tight spaces, he is a two foot jumper who needed space to create momentum. and he used his quickness to beat college centers but is the size of an nba SF so he could be guarded by not super slow people in the nba

toppin is a way better passer and shooter, most likely. tho dwill shot a crazy high % in college iirc he almost beat steve kerr's record for 3pt% in a season

toppin is a pretty bad defender tho

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Xavier Tillman is underrated. Will be a more useful player than dudes drafted in the lottery and will be a late 1st/early 2nd pick.

He has really stepped his D up the last five games or so.  Had good showings against the best in the B10 in Cockburn, Smith, Garza, Stevens, and Wessen.  He needs to get back on the jump shot in practice, he was much better last year, but if he can start hitting from 15-three point range again, he can easily be a solid rotational 4 in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the Pit, if (which seems likely) there is no NBA combine and limited private workouts due to Covid-19. How do you guys think that affects prospects like LaMelo Ball and James Wiseman. Both guys have pretty limited film but are projected as potential top 3-5 picks. In a class where none of the other prospects really looked that on film, does the intrigue/mystery push those guys up boards? Like we already know most of the other top prospects aren't that good.