2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

JBA? How was he doing in HS ball last year? Was getting a triple double on the regular. His passing and vision is very good period. His shot selection? Not so much yet. But he's also supposed to be a senior in HS this year. 

LIS, dude is going to be a lottery pick when it is all said and done. At worst, top 17-20 selection. 

He played pretty well at Spire this year but there's a reason that he's a fringe top 25 prospect in an extremely weak recruiting class. He has MCW's size/athleticism/passing and Austin Rivers shooting mechanics and flash. He was a freshman in 2015-2016, played with LiAngelo at Chino Hills as a sophomore, played in the JBA/Lithuania as a junior, and played at Spire as a senior. He was always a member of the 2019 class. 

We'll have to wait and see. We've only seen him in HS playing with 3-4 other high major D1 athletes against so-so competition. The last time he played against grown men in a professional league he shot sub .300 FG and could hardly see the court. 

I really like Washington C Isaiah Stewart. 6'9" 245 with a 7'4" wingspan, super athletic, super explosive, and has a nonstop motor. He's probably the best defensive player in the class and will be an elite rebounder at the NBA level. He looked a lot more skilled as a senior and has added some range onto his jumper. He's the perfect small ball 5 in the modern NBA as a big that will be an elite rim protector/rebounder, make all the little plays, and has a developing offensive game with some range on his scoring ability. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

We’ll see. I expect huge things out of him this season as probably our best overall player. 

I love Clarke. Loved what he brought to the Hokies. Very sorry things didn't work out. I hope he succeeds for you all that way. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I love Clarke. Loved what he brought to the Hokies. Very sorry things didn't work out. I hope he succeeds for you all that way. 

Oh he's talking about VT Clarke as an NBA prospect? Maybe a fringe 2nd rounder but he's likely a Euro League guy.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Oh he's talking about VT Clarke as an NBA prospect? Maybe a fringe 2nd rounder but he's likely a Euro League guy.

We will see, Zhaire Smith and Jarrett Culver were fringe 3* prospects that Beard turned into a 1&D and a #6 overall draft pick.

He'll definitely play a bigger offensive role than he's ever played, and he's already there on defense, rebounding and passing.

EDIT: yes he's old but I wasn't saying he's a top 10 pick or anything, just that he has a good chance at getting drafted if not sliding into the late 1st with a monster season as I expect.

Edited by DalCowboyzRule

41 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

We will see, Zhaire Smith and Jarrett Culver were fringe 3* prospects that Beard turned into a 1&D and a #6 overall draft pick.

He'll definitely play a bigger offensive role than he's ever played, and he's already there on defense, rebounding and passing.

EDIT: yes he's old but I wasn't saying he's a top 10 pick or anything, just that he has a good chance at getting drafted if not sliding into the late 1st with a monster season as I expect.

Clarke sucks though and is a 6'6" center with limited offensive skill. Dude is a mouth breather that pushes off every possession. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Clarke sucks though and is a 6'6" center with limited offensive skill. Dude is a mouth breather that pushes off every possession. 

Haha okay. If Jae Crowder and PJ Tucker can be role player stars in this league Clarke can definitely make it.

38 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Haha okay. If Jae Crowder and PJ Tucker can be role player stars in this league Clarke can definitely make it.

I wouldn't call either of those guys "role player stars" though. And they're both valuable because they can shoot the ball. Clarke is a 6'6" stretch 5 that can't shoot, not exactly a huge market for those types of players.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Danger said:

I feel like Wiseman has the most buzz. Then it sounds like Anthony Edwards.

Wiseman definitely has the physical tools to be great but his feel for the game can be lacking. That should come with time though. Anthony Edwards and Cole Anthony are my two favorite prospects for next year. Really hoping to see Edwards in Memphis and Anthony in New York after next season. 

Ja Morant and Anthony Edwards would be filthy @seminoles1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I know it's way too early, but just looking at projected first rd picks, this is looking like the worst draft in the last 3-5 years. anyone agree with this?

Disagree. The 2019 draft class was worse IMO. Especially at the top.