2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Only guy I’ve watched in Euro was Luka. Assuming Leandro is the typical 6’6” white shooter who can pass? Lol

He's 6'8" and stout. Moves like Manu. Not a great shooter due to his form but if you fix it, there's some hope. I like his defensive upside as a 3/4. He's smart as hell and a perfect fit for what we do. 

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's 6'8" and stout. Moves like Manu. Not a great shooter due to his form but if you fix it, there's some hope. I like his defensive upside as a 3/4. He's smart as hell and a perfect fit for what we do. 

Interesting. I’ll have to check him out more. Just never put in the effort to scour Euro guys. Way easier to just turn on the TV for NCAAB.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Disagree. This draft lacks "studs" but it has a ton of guys who I think will be good role players, and thats all Boston needs at this point.

I think even with the worst draft you can find some good role players as you say, and Boston has 3 chances the get a couple. But over all this draft lacks not just top heavy talent I also don't think much of the overall depth as well. I feel that some guys going in this 1st rd would be 2nd round picks in any other year.my hope is Boston can still come through regardless

Edited by resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Interesting. I’ll have to check him out more. Just never put in the effort to scour Euro guys. Way easier to just turn on the TV for NCAAB.

Ha, yeah. I'm the opposite. I like scouting Euro guys because they are more unknown. I typically follow the NCAA guys since HS so it gets a little old. It's the reason why I think Deni Avdija is going to be one of the 4 or 5 best players from this class. He's ready now. 

On 7/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Boston has 3 1st rd picks in what might be the worst draft in 10 years.. 

It seems like yesterday I heard about how insanely valuable the Grizz' pick was going to be.

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I should add that I am hoping Boston  Can  find one legit  3 and D Combo forward . Someone like a poor man's Jonathan Isaac.

Good luck with that. You'd have to take someone like Jaden McDaniels and develop him if you want that. Maybe Jahmi'us Ramsey or Josh Green but Green can't really shoot so. 

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It seems like yesterday I heard about how insanely valuable the Grizz' pick was going to be.

Yeah, and then the draft class wasn’t that good. It seems like yesterday you wouldn’t shut up about how good Lonzo Balls defense was and yet in this thread...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, and then the draft class wasn’t that good. It seems like yesterday you wouldn’t shut up about how good Lonzo Balls defense was and yet in this thread...

I wasn't referring to you specifically, just C's fans in general.  And Lonzo's defense was good with the Lakers.  Haven't watched him at all since he was traded.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I wasn't referring to you specifically, just C's fans in general.  And Lonzo's defense was good with the Lakers.  Haven't watched him at all since he was traded.

Yeah it’s just an odd stance. It was a valuable commodity lol. It held trade value. That’s all anyone ever said.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah it’s just an odd stance. It was a valuable commodity lol. It held trade value. That’s all anyone ever said.

It was a lottery ticket.  You (in general) were hoping that it'd turn into a top 6 pick (to kick to next year) or fell right outside the top 6.  Kinda like that Kings' pick last year.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It was a lottery ticket.  You (in general) were hoping that it'd turn into a top 6 pick (to kick to next year) or fell right outside the top 6.  Kinda like that Kings' pick last year.

Yeah, none of that means it wasn't a valuable trade piece in the middle of the AD trade talks lol