2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wasn't referring to you specifically, just C's fans in general.  And Lonzo's defense was good with the Lakers.  Haven't watched him at all since he was traded.

It's still good. Not as good as I was hoping considering how good it was talked up to be, but he's still a good defender. 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

killian tillie and xavier tillman are gonna solid nba players drafted after the first 20 picks this year

This years draft reminds me a lot of the 2013 class. Just absolutely terrible talent level at the top of the class. The two teams that came out of that first round in the best shape were the Bucks and the Jazz who both drafted super raw players with elite traits. That's what I'd look to do as a team in this years class as well. 

I don't really see anything special in guys like Edwards, Toppin, Ball, or Anthony. If we're looking at traits guys in the lottery I'd probably take a chance on Wiseman, Okongwu, or Vassell. Outside of the lottery the first guy that comes to mind is Jaden McDaniels. 

If I had the first pick I'd definitely take Killian Hayes over Edwards or Ball. Comparisons I'd make for the three at the next level: 

Hayes - Manu Ginobili | Spencer Dinwiddie 

Edwards - Dion Waiters | Victor Oladipo 

Ball - Austin Rivers | Michael Carter-Williams

• Like 1

i'm in on aaron nesmith

maybe the best shooter in the class (tho they're a couple ones maybe better, wintson, bane, etc), good length, and potential to be a good defender (Vandy ran a weird defense, kinda hard to judge accurately) 

15 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

For those who followed the prospects who might be considered a  sleeper  for Non lottery projected wing players??

aaron nesmith, josh green, desmond bane

nesmith and bane are similar, two of the best shooters in the class. I think nesmith has more potential because he has more wiggle/lateral athleticism and length. Bane is kinda stiff and short, tho he is built and string. bane is a good team defender, below average on ball. bane is also a pretty good passer, nesmith is not lol. 

josh is a great on ball defender, great athlete, strong. tho not great length. if he makes 3s in the nba he will be a good player. good passer too. 

On 7/7/2020 at 12:39 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

i'm in on aaron nesmith

maybe the best shooter in the class (tho they're a couple ones maybe better, wintson, bane, etc), good length, and potential to be a good defender (Vandy ran a weird defense, kinda hard to judge accurately) 

i want him to be available for Denver, but feels unlikely 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

aaron nesmith, josh green, desmond bane

nesmith and bane are similar, two of the best shooters in the class. I think nesmith has more potential because he has more wiggle/lateral athleticism and length. Bane is kinda stiff and short, tho he is built and string. bane is a good team defender, below average on ball. bane is also a pretty good passer, nesmith is not lol. 

josh is a great on ball defender, great athlete, strong. tho not great length. if he makes 3s in the nba he will be a good player. good passer too. 

good list, thanks... out of these players, who do you like the best..

Devin Vassell

Isaac Okoro

Aaron Nesmith 

Patrick Williams 

Edited by resilient part 2

57 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

good list, thanks... out of these players, who do you like the best..

Devin Vassell

Isaac Okoro

Aaron Nesmith 

Patrick Williams 

prob that order tho you can switch okoro for vassell if you want to go upside