2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Again, this class is pretty damn weak but after doing some more research some of the prospects that I'm becoming a fan of include: 

• Aaron Nesmith | GF | Vanderbilt

• Killian Hayes | PG | France

• Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

• Onyekak Okingwu | FC | USC

• Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington 

Yeah, it's a pretty crap class but there are some guys that could save it from being all-time bad. A few guys you didn't name, outside of the obvious (Anthony, Avdija, etc) that I personally like are;

Desmond Bane | SG | TCU
Saddiq Bey | F | Villanova
Leandro Bolmaro | GF | Barcelona
Kira Lewis Jr | PG | Alabama
Paul Reed | PF | DePaul
Grant Riller | G | Charleston
Tyrell Terry | PG | Stanford

Saying all that, I really dislike most of the bigs in this class. Really bad year to need them. Outside of OO, Wiseman, Reed, Tillie and Tillman, I don't like the rest of them. I thought I'd like Oturu but he's all stats, no substance. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, it's a pretty crap class but there are some guys that could save it from being all-time bad. A few guys you didn't name, outside of the obvious (Anthony, Avdija, etc) that I personally like are;

Cole Anthony is one of the most polarizing prospects in the class for me. I like but don't love Avdija. 

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cole Anthony is one of the most polarizing prospects in the class for me. I like but don't love Avdija. 

Cole's floor is 6th man lead scoring guard ala Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams but his ceiling is Damian Lillard or CJ McCollum. I'm taking that all day over most of the other players in the lottery, if not all. 

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cole's floor is 6th man lead scoring guard ala Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams but his ceiling is Damian Lillard or CJ McCollum. I'm taking that all day over most of the other players in the lottery, if not all. 

Meh, I think those are pretty lofty expectations. At his worst he's going to be a 20+ ppg scorer? I'd say his floor is more along the lines of an Austin Rivers like career trajectory. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh, I think those are pretty lofty expectations. At his worst he's going to be a 20+ ppg scorer? I'd say his floor is more along the lines of an Austin Rivers like career trajectory. 

lol I wasn't comparing him directly to Crawford or Williams. Meant the role. People need to get this **** out of their heads that when you mention someone alongside a prospect, it doesn't mean you think they are going to BE that player. It gets old.

Also, Austin Rivers is ****. Cole Anthony can defend, unlike Rivers. If Cole Anthony is a career 9 ppg scorer, I'll stop posting about basketball. Rivers is one of the worst players in the sport tbqh.

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Also, Austin Rivers is ****. Cole Anthony can defend, unlike Rivers. If Cole Anthony is a career 9 ppg scorer, I'll stop posting about basketball. Rivers is one of the worst players in the sport tbqh.

I read an article comparing him to Ramon Sessions, which I can see. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I read an article comparing him to Ramon Sessions, which I can see. 

Eh, again, Ramon couldn't defend. Early on, he also looked like a pure PG with the Bucks. I don't know what happened after he left because his assist numbers fell off a cliff but I'm assuming he was asked to be a scoring guard. I'm not really sure who Cole's floor compares to playing style wise. 

Ceiling, he reminds me of a poor man's Dame, for sure. That's the absolute peak. Floor? The only way I can describe it is lead scoring guard off the bench. I want to compare him to guys like Crawford, Williams and Schroder but none of those guys are worth their salt on defense. I dunno. We'll see what happens. All I know is I'm taking the chance on him over some of these other lotto players.