2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jonathan Kuminga is going to be the next elite NBA talent. He's like a Kawhi Leonard/Pascal Siakam hybrid. 

JK is so good. Would've been #1 in his class no doubt if he hadn't reclassified. Too bad he joined the Cade Class. Unless Cade falls flat on his face and forgets how to play basketball, he's going to be the best player from this class. 

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Besides the high end talent I actually think this drafts OK. Like picks 20-60 might be better than average? Top 5-10 picks should be guys going 5-15 in a normal draft, but I think its got lots of nice role players. 

As a Boston fan I certainly hope  You are right

10 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

JK is so good. Would've been #1 in his class no doubt if he hadn't reclassified. Too bad he joined the Cade Class. Unless Cade falls flat on his face and forgets how to play basketball, he's going to be the best player from this class. 

Kuminga is better than Cade, IMO. He'll be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kuminga is better than Cade, IMO. He'll be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft. 

Can Kuminga shoot? I honestly haven't watched a lot of him yet because of the fact that he was supposed to be 2021 college class & 2022 NBA.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Can Kuminga shoot? I honestly haven't watched a lot of him yet because of the fact that he was supposed to be 2021 college class & 2022 NBA.

He's developing there but he shot a lot better and handled the ball a lot better during his Junior season than he did in AAU ball. He's a workhorse. I see a lot of Kawhi in his game. If there is a G-League season I think he is better suited for success this season than Jalen Green. He's like 6'8" 225 with a 7'0" wingspan and plus athleticism, dude is a tank. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Keep playing and you gonna end up looking like the Hawks with Trae. Happy, and really pissed. 

I think it's a much different comparison though. Cunningham and Kuminga both have elite physical tools with the potential to be franchise players. I think those two are clearly the two best players in the class and would be the two best players in this class as well. I just see so much Kawhi in Kuminga's game. 

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't view that as praise

Wasn't intended to be. I think he'll be an explosive scorer like LaVine that puts up a ton of highlight reel plays. I don't however, see him as a player that's going to be able to elevate a franchise. 

So I starting changing all my scouting stuff unto a  google docs. 

It currently only has my new big board (I changed my style to a tier system over the traditional ranking system) and the Mock Draft (Both Rounds). 

Here you all go: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESVJ-58J-1kwh709hU755iX8l6XWb8BiChzVYCbn7lQ/edit#gid=0

If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

So I starting changing all my scouting stuff unto a  google docs. 

It currently only has my new big board (I changed my style to a tier system over the traditional ranking system) and the Mock Draft (Both Rounds). 

Here you all go: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESVJ-58J-1kwh709hU755iX8l6XWb8BiChzVYCbn7lQ/edit#gid=0

If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

I’m surprised to see you put Achiuwa in the boom or bust category. He’s at least going to be an excellent and versatile defender

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I’m surprised to see you put Achiuwa in the boom or bust category. He’s at least going to be an excellent and versatile defender

At worst he's a versatile defender with little to zero offensive game. I really like his game, and in the right situation he could be special, but in the wrong one he'll never be better than a bench big that can defend multiple positions. The swing from his good and bad is just too much for me to not place him in that category. 

I do like him a lot, and think he could turn into Siakam-Lite. But he's got a few years in the NBA before that hits.