2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

and Poku??? Who would you take 1st??

I think Poku has more upside, I mean you can make a case that he has as much, if not more, upside than anyone in this draft class. I'd take Poku personally but I like McDaniels too, both are low floor, high ceiling prospects. 

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I saw someone say LaMelo Ball is like a 6'7" Ricky Rubio that can't defend or a 6'7" Trae Young that can't shoot. 

More like a shorter, unathletic Ben Simmons who can't defend or shoot, but shoots anyway. Lmao there's no apt comparison for LaMelo.

14 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

More like a shorter, unathletic Ben Simmons who can't defend or shoot, but shoots anyway. Lmao there's no apt comparison for LaMelo.

I'm curious to see where he ends up being selected. I think he may fall further than a lot are expecting cause it could very well be a situation where the media is much higher on him then teams are. 

My guess what will happen, based on almost nothing:

1. Twolves - Lamelo
  2. Warriors - Edwards
  3. Hornets - Wiseman
  4. Bulls - Deni
  5. Cavs - OO
  6. Hawks - Hali
  7. Pistons - Killian
  8. Knicks - Obi
  9. Wizards - Okoro 
  10. Suns - Vassell
  11. Spurs - Poku
  12. Kings - Tyler Bey
  13. Pellies - Nesmith
  14. Celtics - Josh Green

What I would do:

1. Twolves - Killian
  2. Warriors - OO
  3. Hornets - Antman
  4. Bulls - Lamelo
  5. Cavs - Deni
  6. Hawks - Hali
  7. Pistons - Okoro
  8. Knicks - Obi
  9. Wizards - Wiseman
  10. Suns - Vassell
  11. Spurs - Poku
  12. Kings - Patrick Williams
  13. Pellies - Cole
  14. Celtics - Bey 

forgot wiseman

Edited by 11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

My guess what will happen, based on almost nothing:

1. Twolves - Lamelo
  2. Warriors - Edwards

What I would do:

1. Twolves - Killian
  2. Hornets - Antman

Who the hell is Antman? I don't think Killian or LaMelo are a good fit with Russell because they're both going to need the ball in their hands to be successful. 

I also can't really see the Warriors taking Edwards. He's a baller stopper and anti Warriors in terms of what they like to do offensively. I think they'll end up trading that pick along with Wiggins for a more established player. 

It's not a sexy pick at all but the Timberwolves should take Okongwu. He compliments KAT well and would do wonders for their defense. If they're really trying to build around D'Angelo Russell and KAT they're going to need some plus defenders in the lineup, OO can be that for them. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm curious to see where he ends up being selected. I think he may fall further than a lot are expecting cause it could very well be a situation where the media is much higher on him then teams are. 

You'd think the NBA front offices are privy to better scouting and info than we are, but there are a lot of stupid franchises out there.

SAC, NYK, CHA just off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

You'd think the NBA front offices are privy to better scouting and info than we are, but there are a lot of stupid franchises out there.

SAC, NYK, CHA just off the top of my head.

I personally don't think there's anyway that he gets past the Hornets at #3. It seems like a match made in heaven. 

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think CHA is poorly run, but LaMelo isn't an MJ-type player.

What is an "MJ type player"? 

The Hornets have one of the least talented rosters in the league. Drafting LaMelo, even if he is likely to bust, would be a shot in the arm for them and get people excited about the team. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who the hell is Antman?

edwards

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Killian or LaMelo are a good fit with Russell because they're both going to need the ball in their hands to be successful. 

meh, DLo is a 40% C&S 3pt shooter, he'll be fine off ball. And I personally don't think he's good enough to make a decision on the #1 pick over. Killian is good on defense, shoud help on that end eventually. Tho they also have Culver and Malik so idk. Was a tossup for me between OO and Killian for #1. OO might be a better pick.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I also can't really see the Warriors taking Edwards. He's a baller stopper and anti Warriors in terms of what they like to do offensively. I think they'll end up trading that pick along with Wiggins for a more established player. 

he's a really good cutter/moving w/o the ball. and they could get him to focus on defense/rebounding/passing/spot up shooting his 1st year or two