Utah Jazz Thread | Highlighter Era!

NYRaider

Been watching a few games in the fourth quarter lately.  Looking like that Clarkson trade is working out nicely.  Not really dominating, but they're finding ways to win.  Just wish it was against better opponents, for the most part.  Climbed up in the standings in the process, though.  

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Been watching a few games in the fourth quarter lately.  Looking like that Clarkson trade is working out nicely.  Not really dominating, but they're finding ways to win.  Just wish it was against better opponents, for the most part.  Climbed up in the standings in the process, though.  

Clarkson was an excellent addition. We have games coming up against Dallas, Denver, and Houston that should give us a good measuring stick as to how we stack up with the rest of the West. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

was this losing streak partly because they re-inserted Conley into the starting lineup??

That's one theory.  Another is that Mitchell has had an ongoing illness(purportedly, the flu).  Regardless, the "team chemistry" has been awful and other guys just aren't stepping up.  Honestly, not sure what's going on.  But, something is.  That roster is talented.  They should be doing much better. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Best start in franchise history.  Best record in the NBA.  Beating decent teams by double digits.  And, this thread is dead.   Yep, that's the Utah market for you. 😂

Anyway, I haven't been able to watch every game, but have watched the last two.  They're getting production from just about everyone, not just Mitchell.  Clarkson has a legit shot at 6th man. Not counting my chickens before they're hatched, but this year looks promising so far.

• 2 months later...

I wasn't able to watch today's game because of work, but what a great comeback from 17 points down to winning by 8....without Mitchell.  Pacers held to 42 points in the second half.  Rudy tallied 22 rebounds after starting off slow.  Nice win.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ataal it was a fun season my boy, too bad the injury bugs caught up to us.

If I'm the Jazz:

• I'd bring back Conley at a discounted rate

• Acquiring DeRozan via S&T by sending back Bogdanovic

• Sign Otto Porter in free agency

• Move up in the draft for Jaden Springer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

That really exposed our lack of depth.  

Our lack of depth was also exposed last postseason and we didn't do anything to address it. Replacing Ed Davis with Derrick Favors helped somewhat but even he has been just meh. We got cooked by Murray in the playoffs and instead of trying to add more versatile wing defenders or guard depth, we kept the band together and drafted Udoka Azubuike who played a total of 57 minutes all season over Desmond Bane. 

Mitchell is a star and Rudy is what he is, we need more versatility and defense around those two. Not sure why we signed Yogi Ferrell and Shaq Harrison and let both guys leave mid-season we legitimately have 3 guards on the roster. 

If Conley doesn't play tomorrow, I'd move on. Not sure if we could work some crazy 3 team sign and trade type of deal but I'd love to add Spencer Dinwiddie as his replacement. 

The team has a lot of work to do or we're going to continue to come up short in the playoffs before Donovan leaves for greener pastures.