Any bad Encounters with Critters?

Balyoist

Bad Critter encounters?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which critter?

Not really.  I live in Ohio.  There's nothing in the way of exciting animals here, unless you happen to have chickens.  Then you have to worry about foxes.

I saw a fox once running through a field.  But i don't have chickens.  Great story, i know.

Oh, and my wife got hit by a deer once.  Yes, the deer hit her.  T-boned her in the side of her car.  Deer are dumb.

I thought I had some dirty changlings, and I put a watchpony out, and sure enough, there was a changling consort and drone.

Well, i got rid of those, but sadly, my party pony was killed and her cutie mark removed.

but i was vigilant and was able to bring Pinkerella to justice 

I've had more than I can even imagine. 

In North Dakota I used to keep toads, salamanders, frogs and snakes as pets for a few weeks before letting them go.  At one point I had 17 snakes in one day in my back yard.  Mostly garter snakes, but a couple racers and a bull snake.  I found a green smoothsnake once and that one was my favorite. 

Then Arizona. 

Used to walk to work every day just outside Anthem, AZ and then in Peoria, AZ.  I had quite a few animal incidents:

1. My dog kept getting stung by scorpions, so one night I went out with a black light and counted over 30 scorpions in my back yard. 
2. Opened the door to go to work and there was a dog lying against my front door.  Thought it was a dog in the early morning dark, so I started talking to it.  It got aggressive and I realized it was not a dog, but a javelina. 
3. Riding a bike to work at 3 AM in Peoria, I saw wild donkeys, javelinas, bobcats, and the most scared I ever was in my entire life was when I heard what I can only assume was a calf.  It was such a strange noise to hear at that hour, so I pedaled like hell and looked to my right and on the side of the road was a dead Texas Longhorn sized cow and I assumed what had made the sound was a Chupacabra ready to defend its kill, but later realized it was probably just a calf. 
4. The second most scared I ever was was when I saw a huge owl walking towards me in the middle of the night.  That doesn't sound scary, but it was shortly after I had seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQO0VfBpt4

5. I saw a cougar on a hiking trail once and henceforth I listened to the rules of hiking trails in Arizona where it said never hike the trails at night.  Thought I was gonna die.  If I had been alone I probably would have. 

Colorado completely sucked for wildlife.  Except for Estes Park.  In Estes, I saw wild elk every day, a bear visited my work one day. 

North Carolina was the absolute best for wildlife experiences. 

Saw so many snakes I couldn't even list them all.  Mostly rat snakes, but I did see both a copperhead and a cottonmouth.  The cottonmouth almost killed me.  I was walking and my next step was about to be a hop over a little stream of water.  I heard rustling/slashing in the water and thankfully looked before I jumped and by the time I looked, it had its head snapped up and its mouth open ready to strike.  Easily the most dangerous situation I had ever been in because I was half an hour from the nearest road and if it bit me there's a chance I might have died. 

Then there was a pond by my apartment with alligator warning signs.  I went there every single day hoping to see one, but then one day I asked these two kids if there were ever any gators in there and they both told me that every pond in that area of NC had to put up the signs, but that there were no gators in there and never would be.  I kept walking by that pond because I saw all kinds of turtles and reptiles and amphibians there.  One day I was walking along the water's edge and thought, "That looks just like an alligator head."  It was an alligator head.  It was eight feet long, so pretty awesome. 

Texas sucked for wildlife.  I was right by the Oklahoma border and hated it. 

Nebraska also sucks for wildlife.  I did have a raccoon in my back yard once, and also had a small owl learning to fly in my back yard, so that was pretty cool, but otherwise Nebraska sucks. 

I really have to get out and take a vacation somewhere south because I've been missing real wildlife for the past two years. 

I’ve been bitten by snakes (7 ft Blue Beauty rat snake was the most fun, thing was smart as hell) a tarantula, an African bull frog (lmao), a dog in the face, charged by a moose (cow with her calf) but I was on the back of a sled attached to a snowmobile in arctic Alaska with a rifle on my back so we would have been good. Almost bitten by a rattlesnake. 10 yards away from face to face with a mother bear and her cub. Had a deer sprint by me almost crashed into me. That’s my extent of creature encounters.

I’m allergic to bee stings. Before this incident, I was not aware of this fact.

I ran my weed eater over an underground hornets nest. Got stung 14 times.

Hard to breathe, boss rushes me to ambulance hall, tunnel vision, pass out, wake up couple minutes in route to the hospital and was fine after that (epinephrine fixed me right up).

13 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’ve been bitten by snakes (7 ft Blue Beauty rat snake was the most fun, thing was smart as hell) a tarantula, an African bull frog (lmao), a dog in the face, charged by a moose (cow with her calf) but I was on the back of a sled attached to a snowmobile in arctic Alaska with a rifle on my back so we would have been good. Almost bitten by a rattlesnake. 10 yards away from face to face with a mother bear and her cub. Had a deer sprint by me almost crashed into me. That’s my extent of creature encounters.

wtf are you doing.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Counselor said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1