Which Ex-Player Talking Head is the Biggest Phony

SkippyX

I was listening to Sean Salisbury this morning and here are a few words coming out of his pie-hole. (paraphrasing)

• 'The Falcons played not to lose in the Super Bowl.'  (this might be the least insightful comment I have heard on that game)
    • Well, McNabb was on ESPN Radio after the game saying Brady should retire... OK, 2nd worst comment on the game

• Here was the big one though. He was talking about Deshaun Watson and how he could be a February QB.
    • "Some guys are December QB, some guys are January QBs, and some guys are February QBs."
    • "I was a January QB"
      • Dude won 6 games in his entire career. He did in fact start a playoff game. 
      • His rating was 11 in that playoff game. 6 for 20 for 113 yards 0 TDs and 2 picks.
        • For perspective, Connor Cook had a 30 rating in his road playoff game as his first career start.
      • This clown was bragging on having started a playoff game.
      • He scored 7 points with Chris Carter, Anthony Carter, Terry Allen on a 1200 yard 15 TD season, and Roger Craig as the backup RB
      • The game was in Minnesota

He was a 22 rated regular season QB and an 11 rated playoff QB.

Anyone else have some nominees for biggest loser talking head bragging about his minimal talents?

• I love the NFL Network graphic the lists David Carr as a Super Bowl winning QB whenever he is on the air.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Chris Collinsworth is the opposite of this. Man spends 50% of the game telling us how there is no way he could do what he is seeing.

He gets hit hard (fairly) for rooting for a narrative at times but yes, he is pretty humble about his football talent for a guy who was a 3x pro bowl player who played in a pair of Super Bowls.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I was listening to Sean Salisbury this morning and here are a few words coming out of his pie-hole. (paraphrasing)

Salisbury is such a joke - he's big over here on local radio in Houston, and 80% of his show is him pimping out his QB camps for HS kids. It's just a boatload of crap he's selling.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I love the NFL Network graphic the lists David Carr as a Super Bowl winning QB whenever he is on the air.

Carr and Maurice Jones Drew are so clueless about football, it's amazing they actually get paid for their nonsense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Salisbury is such a joke - he's big over here on local radio in Houston, and 80% of his show is him pimping out his QB camps for HS kids. It's just a boatload of crap he's selling.

He's 10x better than Josh Innes, but still pretty bad. I flip between him and Texans radio depending on how full of crap he is at the moment vs how whiny or sex/fart jokey the 610 guys are.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

Greg Jennings genuinely comes across as ignorant. 

McNabb is pretty bad too.

They are both idiots, but not really phony. (MJD fits this as well)

• Jennings had 1568 yards and 14 TDs over 19 games for a Super Bowl winner in 2010 and he made a couple pro bowls in his carer.
  • I blame McNabb for Philly not winning a Super Bowl but he made 6 pro bowls and threw for 37k yards and 234 TDs.
  • MJD only says stupid things when his lips are moving, but he was a very good pro RB

Brady Quinn is another good example of a complete fake.

• He viciously hot-take attacked Wentz in late September 2017 about how he would not win many more games
  • Wentz won more games in the following October(5) then Quinn did in his entire NFL career(4).
    • Down goes the phony!
  • Like 2

Just now, SkippyX said:

Brady Quinn is another good example of a complete fake.

• He viciously hot-take attacked Wentz in late September 2017 about how he would not win many more games
  • Wentz won more games in the following October(5) then Quinn did in his entire NFL career(4).
    • Down goes the phony!

I mean what he said was dumb, but I don't see how that makes him phony.  I don't think just because you were a bad player in the NFL means you can't criticize someone that may be better than you, otherwise every fan that slights a player is a phony too.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

He's 10x better than Josh Innes, but still pretty bad. I flip between him and Texans radio depending on how full of crap he is at the moment vs how whiny or sex/fart jokey the 610 guys are.

Innes is an absolute clown show, so glad he got fired. 

I traditionally like 610 in the morning, Mike Meltzer knows his stuff and Seth Payne is good when he reigns in his rage (Paul Gallant was not a good fit, glad he's gone - I like him, just not with Seth/Mike).

I was REALLY hoping Adam Clanton was going to join Rich Lord and Sean Pendergast, but he's back on 790 - this being said, I'd like it if Clint Stoerner got a FT role for the drive back home...

One thing I hate about 610 is how full homer they go on the Texans. Any time I hear Marc Vandemeer, Drew Dougherty or Deephi Sidhu, I have to shut off the radio (John Harris is a homer, but he actually understands football...)