Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

20 minutes ago, Elky said:

Fail to see how a team we neutered in the Super Bowl lose a bunch of key players is somehow better than us.

Well the Pats have a QB who is getting closer and closer to declining which could happen at anytime really. Brady is 42 years old after all.

They lost Gronkowski and the rest of their TES are not exactly stars.

Their WR group is Ok, could be decent, but is not strong.

Looking at last year also, I had the Rams as a better team than the Pats after the regular season. Obviously, the Pats were great in the playoffs, all the way to winning the SB, granted they very nearly fell to the Chiefs.

I'm not saying I personnally would have the Pats over the Rams projecting next season but this is easily defensible IMO.

3 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Well the Pats have a QB who is getting closer and closer to declining which could happen at anytime really. Brady is 42 years old after all.

Looking at last year also, I had the Rams as a better team than the Pats after the regular season. Obviously, the Pats were great in the playoffs, all the way to winning the SB, granted they very nearly fell to the Chiefs.

I'm not saying I personnally would have the Pats over the Rams projecting next season but this is easily defensible IMO.

The fact Belichick didn't draft a QB high gives me full confidence that Brady will be his usual self for 2019.

Gronk was largely a shell of himself last season, so not as much of a huge loss as one would think. There are whispers of him getting the football itch.

The WR corps is fine. It's not like 06 or 13.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

When is the last time an average QB threw for 4,000 yards, 30 Touchdowns, and 10 Ints? All this with a very poor offensive and an offensive coordinator that didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. 

gonna laugh when Jacksonville tears it up this year.

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

So no blame for Kirk being god awful against winning teams ok lol. If the Vikings disappoint again this season  better put more blame on Cousins.

Side note for the Mariota thing: the explanation for his better record against winning teams is likely his health.  He plays badly when injured, and he's injured a lot, hence the numerous losses to bad teams.  When he's healthy, he's actually a good QB.

Which is one reason I'm cautiously optimistic about the Titans this season.  Mariota should be in for a career year IF he can stay healthy most of the season.

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Me too because you'll still be stuck with Wentz and Foles will be playing awesome.

Oh man, how much of a shame it is to be stuck with someone who's gonna throw over 40 TD, meanwhile the Vikings won't even be in the playoffs LUL

Just now, Danger said:

Oh man, how much of a shame it is to be stuck with someone who's gonna throw over 40 TD, meanwhile the Vikings won't even be in the playoffs LUL

Can't throw 40 Touchdowns when you're stuck on the bench all the time.

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

It's a potential concern however they are transitioning to a run heavy offense. Led the NFL in rushing last 5 games and playoffs.

If Gordon comes back, it could be strong. If not it look average however it will still be light years better than the first 3 games last year where the Patriots really lost homefield.

The Patriots had to fight with a lot of issues regarding their skill position players. Gronkowski washed, Gordon mid season aquisition and then quit again during the season, had to rely on Hogan and Dorsett as go to WRs, Michel missed training camp and got injured again during the year. Such bad injury luck is unlikely to happen again.

It is. Even though I personally disagree with it because when you have a QB who scores 28 per game with his offense and a defense that returns 9 starters (while adequately replacing Flowers (Bennett) and Brown (Pennel)) and gave up 17 points per game over the final 12 games of the season (including playoffs) you will be tough to beat. I do get 2016 vibes from this football team. Think they will be a top 3 scoring defense in football and have an offense that scores 28 per game. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Insanity to me that you have Eagles as top 2. Sheeer insanity. I have them as my surprise worst team in the league.  I get people think that is insanity. But i dont think it will be. Guess we'll see who is closer to being right on the 2 different spectrums. 

What makes you think that? Just curious. Obviously a lot hinges on Wentz’s health, but the Eagles have one of the strongest rosters in the league top to bottom.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

What makes you think that? Just curious. Obviously a lot hinges on Wentz’s health, but the Eagles have one of the strongest rosters in the league top to bottom.

And a great coach like Pederson, what a cool dude. 

• Like 1

I still would like to mention the Chiefs at #14 and with a 8-8 record as a really bad take IMO, Hill or no Hill.

The Bears are also too low but at least they've got an average QB in Trubisky. I don't think it is out of question that they finish outside the top 10 teams.

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I still would like to mention the Chiefs at #14 and with a 8-8 record as a really bad take IMO, Hill or no Hill.

The Bears are also too low but at least they've got an average QB in Trubisky. I don't think it is out of question that they finish outside the top 10 teams.

You're one of the worst homers on this site. In your eyes, the Chiefs are an AFC championship lock, when in reality they aren't even a lock to win their own division.

• Like 1