Goldfish's Slightly Too Early 2019 Season Predictions - All 32 up

goldfishwars

Nice Write up Fish. I agree with most of it but given how snake bit this team was last year, I'd be shocked if some don't occur again. Making that 14-2 Beast of a record hard to attain.

All I want is a healthy team in 2019 and let the cards fall where they may. Take my chances given this roster if that occurs.

Great job yet again as always putting the time and effort into this thread! 👏👏🍺

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I like the Eagles a lot, but.... 14-2 is a little rich for me

@Falcons
@Packers (TNF)
@Vikings
@Cowboys
vs Bears
vs Patriots (off Eagles bye)
vs Seahawks 

I think that 2 losses is optimistic as personally I don't see them as being far and away a better team than most of those listed. Just my 2 cents, but a great list!

The stupid part of me would be worried if the eagles did that, that they would then be destined to let down in the playoffs. (Thanks Andy)

They will lose some of those I’m sure, but they can very realistically win any of them too. 

One thing about Doug is he tends to get guys going at the end of the year. Brandon Brooks doesn’t get hurt we probably win that Saints game and would’ve got to a super bowl again the way they were playing. And we had a ton of injuries again.

If the new medical and training staff can net even a tiny percent better result with the players I’ll be ecstatic. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I like the Eagles a lot, but.... 14-2 is a little rich for me

@Falcons
@Packers (TNF)
@Vikings
@Cowboys
vs Bears
vs Patriots (off Eagles bye)
vs Seahawks 

I think that 2 losses is optimistic as personally I don't see them as being far and away a better team than most of those listed. Just my 2 cents, but a great list!

I think the masses are overestimating both the Vikings and the Bears (both will be in play for the WC hunt). Though Seahawks are due for a big season IMO.

Just now, Danger said:

I think the masses are overestimating both the Vikings and the Bears (both will be in play for the WC hunt). Though Seahawks are due for a big season IMO.

Vikings still have the same issues they had two years ago. QB isn’t good enough to make a difference and they lack depth. Lot of talent but they trail off as the season goes. I think them in Week 6 should be a good matchup for them compared to later in the year.

Bears seem set for a regression without Vic, defense is hard to maintain at those top spots unless they are truly special. 

We always seem to lose to the Seahawks, at least it’s not in Seattle this time. 

I hate playing the Pats when we do. Both coming off a bye, in the later part of the season. It’s where they tend to expose teams, especially with having played the Lions earlier, could find a wrinkle that hurts us.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I think the Packers dont exactly have the division in the bag. Rodgers health and the defense still need to prove themselves

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Great job GFW. Was a great read. Eagles being #1 is kind of surprising but if Wentz is healthy there is no telling how great they can be

Thanks man, a full season from Wentz and they are too stacked not to do well. So many good contracts, Howie is an alchemist. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danger said:

The Zimmer Vikings have been a yo-yo team. Up one year, down the next, up the following. Rinse and repeat. 

2014: 7-9

2015: 11-5

2016: 8-8

2017: 13-3

2018: 8-7-1

2019: ???

Very frustrating as a fan to have the expectations we had last season and lay a dud. I'm hoping this is an "up" season.

• Like 3

Yea man, this was pretty impressive. Most write-ups, when it comes to your particular team, have some varying levels of inaccuracies when outsiders author them. But this was pretty good. Nailed some of the lesser known tidbits. Overall, impressed. 

The Eagles stuff was perfect! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea man, this was pretty impressive. Most write-ups, when it comes to your particular team, have some varying levels of inaccuracies when outsiders author them. But this was pretty good. Nailed some of the lesser known tidbits. Overall, impressed. 

The Eagles stuff was perfect! 

Jesus do I get tired of seeing this with Titans stuff.

Goldifish's writeup was solid though, and though as I said before, I think the Titans are better than that, but the ranking is reasonable, and the reasoning is actually accurate.  I'm so annoyed seeing people say the pass rush is worse because they lost Derrick Morgan and Brian Orakpo when they combined for 3.5 sacks last season, as starters.  And that's a stat!  It's easily findable.  Wake and a sophomore Landry almost have to be a step up.

Kudos for the good research.

• Like 2